Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

so i need an opinion

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 01:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so i need an opinion

I just bought some patriot 243's for my 98 Z28... just need a few opinions on wether i can install them or should i just bite the bullet and pay for them to be installed... I mean me and a few buddys are aircraft mechs for the navy and are very good at it.. so we can follow a maintence manual quite well. So i bought the chiltons manual for it... i just need to know if i should try and tackle this task or if i should pay the grand to get them installed
Old 09-09-2010, 02:06 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have a good back and a good torque wrench then go for it.
It's simple just take your time.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, you would save some cash by doing it yourself. If you feel good about it, then go for it, it's your car. It would be even better if you have something else to drive in case it takes you longer than expected.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:43 PM
11 Second Club

just did my first head swap. everything is pretty straight forward and self explanatory. save your self some money and have the satisfaction of knowing you did the work yourself.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:50 PM
Staging Lane

alright well everybody has told me to do it myself... luckily i have a truck i can drive if it takes me longer then a good solid 14 hour day lol and i think it will be very satisfing doing it myself and i have a couple of buddies who love gear head work as much as i do and one of them have an ls1 vette so he will use it as a lil bit of learning for himself. and where at in SW missouri do you live SSmoken? i use to live in Arnold missouri right south of st louis