Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Another Won't go into gear... ehh

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 05:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Won't go into gear... ehh

So about a month ago I started my car in the morning and it would not go into gear. The pedal felt sloppy so I replaced the Master cylinder & bleed the system with the same results. The pedal still felt awful so I ordered a new GM slave & I figured while I was in there I will replace all the lines.

So now I have a brand new Wilwood Master Cylinder, Brand new AN lines, Tick Performance Bleeder, & GM Slave. I got everything back together yesterday & bleed the system again. I even went out and got a Mityvac... The pedal feels better then ever. Stiff and holds pressure & there is ZERO air in the line. I bleed it with TICK's bleeder & mityvac'd it for like an hour. I started with the pedal adjusted all the way in & made it all the way out with no improvement. AND the car still wont go into gear.

I have a RPS Stage 3 & Cyn-R-G segmented flywheel with only 1500 miles on them sooo that is pretty much brand new also. Trans shifts fine while the car is off & I even drove the car rev matching last night.

So why isnt my clutch releasing? I bought the RPS clutch/flywheel off a guy that was parting his project out. Is there a SHIM with RPS clutches because I never got one with my purchase. I drove the car for 1500 miles without a hitch sooo I dont see why all of a sudden it would make a difference. This really sucks that I have to pull the trans AGAIN...