View Full Version : Crusin the Coast 2010

99'CajunFirehawk157
09-10-2010, 08:02 PM
OK, CTC is about 3 weeks away, who's coming down this year? I know for a fact that almost 4K car have registered, I saw my buddies registration card today and his number was like 3800...:secret2:

Crusin the Coast 2010 (http://www.cruisinthecoast.com/)

FASTFATBOY
09-10-2010, 09:16 PM
OK, CTC is about 3 weeks away, who's coming down this year? I know for a fact that almost 4K car have registered, I saw my buddies registration card today and his number was like 3800...:secret2:

Crusin the Coast 2010 (http://www.cruisinthecoast.com/)

Im a comin

Coppertone
09-10-2010, 10:05 PM
I'm gonna try to go.

87silverbullet
09-11-2010, 08:13 AM
My camaro won't be ready but I will be in the truck:(

DaJoker
09-11-2010, 05:41 PM
Been working on the TTA just for this. Should be in it even if I have to get the tranny rebuilt.:drive: If not I always have the Mustang.

CoastieWS6
09-12-2010, 09:28 PM
As long as my ship isn't underway, I'll be there

mesterious
09-13-2010, 10:39 AM
I will be there!! Hopefully I will have my stall in by then...

6point7s14
09-14-2010, 02:49 PM
I'll be there in my 240. The last weekend. Prob gonna be around the mall on 90 that last saturday. Hope to see some of ya

Philip@HPE
09-14-2010, 04:00 PM
I plan on being there.

jdiddyws6
09-16-2010, 12:11 PM
< This guy will be there....^ this guy will be walking

6point7s14
09-17-2010, 08:04 AM
I was hoping to see the infamous chariot would attend this year. :( oh well there's alway 2017

Philip@HPE
09-17-2010, 01:43 PM
I was hoping to see the infamous chariot would attend this year. :( oh well there's alway 2017

:lol:

Philip@HPE
09-17-2010, 02:05 PM
< This guy will be there....^ this guy will be walking

:ripped:

Chris05ssTruck
09-17-2010, 06:33 PM
Who knows...he usually ends up in some fast ass Z28 when his car breaks. It's ok...that one races and makes it home.

FASTFATBOY
09-24-2010, 10:37 AM
Gonna be fun this year!! PRAY for good weather!

My hooptie is ALL polished up! It even looks better than Chris' pile LMAO.

Anyone wanna meet up for lunch somewhere? I will be around the Ocean Springs Venue for the most part this year.

Coppertone
09-24-2010, 11:10 AM
we should def meet up somewhere!

Chris05ssTruck
09-24-2010, 12:21 PM

Anyone wanna meet up for lunch somewhere? I will be around the Ocean Springs Venue for the most part this year.

ThAT old heAP couldn't look 1/2 as good as mine. Even on your best day to my worse day.
Not to mention i just cut n buffed it; so you really have NO shot in hell.

FASTFATBOY
09-24-2010, 01:11 PM
ThAT old heAP couldn't look 1/2 as good as mine. Even on your best day to my worse day.
Not to mention i just cut n buffed it; so you really have NO shot in hell.

O really? I did the same to mine M105/M205, NXT 2.0 And White Diamond on the wheels.....you MIGHT be surpised.

Chris05ssTruck
09-24-2010, 03:21 PM
Doubt it. You can only polish a turd so damn much:angel:

FASTFATBOY
09-24-2010, 04:06 PM
Doubt it. You can only polish a turd so damn much:angel:

lmao, Back at ya!

Austin@HPE
09-24-2010, 08:24 PM
Ill be there not sure in what car yet. But if all else fails i still have the dually to cruise around.

jdiddyws6
09-25-2010, 09:36 AM
:hug:

Chris05ssTruck
09-25-2010, 01:24 PM
:fags:

1936 LS1
09-25-2010, 08:39 PM

I'll be with that guy^^^^^ since I'm still not done with my car:bang:!

wake00
09-27-2010, 08:07 PM
We'll be down there.

99'CajunFirehawk157
09-30-2010, 12:36 PM
Looks like the weather might just be perfect for CTC 2010, dare I jinx anything! We are expecting high 40's by the weekend in S Mississippi :) Come on down, also heard over 4800 car registered already!!!!!

87silverbullet
10-04-2010, 11:22 AM
My camaro won't be ready so I am in the truck for sure. (bummer) I will be there though. Anybody have some cool pics of what they are going to be in or some rides they have have seen coming down here?

jeroime1
10-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Anyone from jackson,ms going down?

Philip@HPE
10-04-2010, 10:10 PM

Yes, there is a crew from OTRacing going.

Philip@HPE
10-04-2010, 10:11 PM
But if all else fails i still have the dually to cruise around.

:lol: Wrong.

:angel:

jeroime1
10-04-2010, 10:40 PM
What time are pulling out?I've been trying to find a group in the Jackson area to hang out with

99'CajunFirehawk157
10-05-2010, 12:33 PM
What time are pulling out?I've been trying to find a group in the Jackson area to hang out with
I know someone from Vicksburg coming down, does this help you?

checkout www.southernfbody.com (http://www.southernfbody.com), their are a ton of CTC posts there...

FASTFATBOY
10-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Any news? Anyone there yet?

I am coming Fri afternoon.

I see alot of Hot Rods over here in Foley heading that way.

Chris05ssTruck
10-05-2010, 03:32 PM
There were a good bit of cars already. I was there for work the last 2 days.

jeroime1
10-05-2010, 05:21 PM
Ok thanks chris just found out my uncle and their truck club leaving out friday morning so i might just follow them down

lethal bird
10-05-2010, 10:10 PM

theres alot of them already there

mesterious
10-06-2010, 10:54 AM
Yeah me and some friend's are leaving friday around noon.
Yup, I'm part of OTR and its probably about 4 or 5 of us leaving friday and a few today and tommorrow.
theres alot of them already there

Yeah about half of OTR is down there right now.

99'CajunFirehawk157
10-06-2010, 09:31 PM
Went over today after work to pick up our registration packs and wow the crowd was crazy already! Here are some pics!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=25626&id=1733273438&l=aad76ef3b0 (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=25626&id=1733273438&l=aad76ef3b0)
http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/4959/3829/24896914004_large.jpg

1fastTransAm
10-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Been at it every night aside from Sunday and tonight. I was out some today but not a lot. May go out a bit tonight. Been in the Caged Turbod Camaro Its blue

lethal bird
10-09-2010, 07:57 AM
lots of nice cars so far just got here yesterday

FASTFATBOY
10-10-2010, 04:58 PM
Was alot different to me this year, ALOT of rednecks screaming "DO A BURNOUT"..man I got sick of that shit.

All the Hot Rods were parked and all the thugs/rednecks were cruising Mom's wrecked SUV with 50 cent blaring through blown speakers.....WTF?

Edgewater mall's parking lot looked like a trash dump, what the hell is wrong with people?

I wont be back for a WHILE.

1936 LS1
10-10-2010, 05:26 PM
You'll be back in 11 months and 3 weeks.

lethal bird
10-10-2010, 09:46 PM
Was alot different to me this year, ALOT of rednecks screaming "DO A BURNOUT"..man I got sick of that shit.

All the Hot Rods were parked and all the thugs/rednecks were cruising Mom's wrecked SUV with 50 cent blaring through blown speakers.....WTF?

Edgewater mall's parking lot looked like a trash dump, what the hell is wrong with people?

The only problem i had was friday night, there were some people in a purple low rider parked by us at the mall by the street blaring mexican rap. they even back the truck up on the sidewalk because "they were getting sick and tired of people walking in front of them" it was pissing me and quite a few other people all the way off.

Chris05ssTruck
10-11-2010, 05:20 AM
FFB...i'm with you somewhat. We all stopped at the mall hoping to see some badass street driven race cars (like you) but all we got was regular traffic. We did see you 1 time however. I don't get it, especially Sat. night....it's usually EVERYbody rolling the strip, not so much this year. People are tired of getting tickets i guess. Someone kept saying the cops weren't as strict this year...yea, no one was doing shit because of they way they have been the last 3-4yrs.

FASTFATBOY
10-11-2010, 08:53 AM
FFB...i'm with you somewhat. We all stopped at the mall hoping to see some badass street driven race cars (like you) but all we got was regular traffic. We did see you 1 time however. I don't get it, especially Sat. night....it's usually EVERYbody rolling the strip, not so much this year. People are tired of getting tickets i guess. Someone kept saying the cops weren't as strict this year...yea, no one was doing shit because of they way they have been the last 3-4yrs.

I was riding westbound Sat afternoon, two guys on Harley's in the right lane about 3 cars up from me.....one had a chick on the back popping wheelies, well they decided to do a burnout in some water....the one with the girl on the back ALLLMOST put it on the ground....then the other dumbass did loose it and ended up the the right door of a Honda Accord. Fawkin stupid.

FASTFATBOY
10-11-2010, 09:28 AM
Then I had some REDDDDDNECKS literally get pissed off because I wouldnt do a burnout. Their little heathen kids were screaming I was a wussy...KIDS doing this shit....I flat told them...there was NO WAY I was doing a burnout, too much traffic to do that shit in THIS car...this aint no Honda. Then their MOM came over to give me grief.....then their DAD did it and poured a whole cooler of water under my tires....WTF????????

These were just a few times I saw some stupid crap going on.....

I wont be back next year, and if I DO decide to(unlikely), I will be in the room by 8:00, before the inbreeds come out.

WTF happened to this event?????????????????????????????

1936 LS1
10-11-2010, 09:57 AM
Then I had some REDDDDDNECKS literally get pissed off because I wouldnt do a burnout. Their little heathen kids were screaming I was a wussy...KIDS doing this shit....I flat told them...there was NO WAY I was doing a burnout, too much traffic to do that shit in THIS car...this aint no Honda. Then their MOM came over to give me grief.....then their DAD did it and poured a whole cooler of water under my tires....WTF????????

These were just a few times I saw some stupid crap going on.....

I wont be back next year, and if I DO decide to(unlikely), I will be in the room by 8:00, before the inbreeds come out.

WTF happened to this event?????????????????????????????

Dave, NONE of that stuff has anything to do with CTC. It's a side-effect of CTC. It's like blaming a carnival krewe because some drunk in the crowd starts a fight at Mardi Gras. This is a law-enforcement issue, not a CTC issue. All official CTC events are OVER at night. If the cars stop cruising at night, the morons won't come camp on the roadside and get drunk waiting for nightfall to display their ignorance. That would be a good thing. Maybe they went home as pissed as you and won't be back.

Some of this is a remnant of Katrina, too. There is so much empty beach front property that people can camp out in. These are places that they couldn't even get near prior to 2005.

CTC, has gotten a little too big for it's own good. I sent a lengthy e-mail to them this morning describing what you experienced as well as the problems I had. The sheer logistics of making this event happen over a 29 mile stretch, covering 6 cities, 4800 cars and full week of activities in mind-boggling. It's amazing that these are the worst problems and they are really beyond CTC's control.

lethal bird
10-11-2010, 11:54 AM
like i said my only problem was the loud music in the truck next to us, other than that i had a good time.

99'CajunFirehawk157
10-11-2010, 12:14 PM
Dave sorry you had a bad time, don't let the trash spoil it for you. Did you drive thru the cruise in @ Ocean Springs on Washington Ave (you could only enter if you were registered) a few times Saturday w/your lady? If not theirs is a black maro z28 from AL like yours that sounded bad as shit, swore it was you?

CTC, has gotten a little too big for it's own good. I sent a lengthy e-mail to them this morning describing what you experienced as well as the problems I had. The sheer logistics of making this event happen over a 29 mile stretch, covering 6 cities, 4800 cars and full week of activities in mind-boggling. It's amazing that these are the worst problems and they are really beyond CTC's control.

I agree 100% however keep in mind guys, this entire event is put on by the tourism people in these cities, not car guys so its all about the $.

Traffic was so bad by us late Saturday my car stayed parked Saturday night, we rode around in my wifes truck in bumper to bumper traffic, it took us 45 mins to get from the end of the bridge coming from Ocean Springs, back to Beau Rivage/ Biloxi Saturday @ 4pm, we even saw MS DOT trying to sync the lights better to get the flow moving, didn't work.

FASTFATBOY
10-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Dave sorry you had a bad time, don't let the trash spoil it for you. Did you drive thru the cruise in @ Ocean Springs on Washington Ave (you could only enter if you were registered) a few times Saturday w/your lady? If not theirs is a black maro z28 from AL like yours that sounded bad as shit, swore it was you?

Yup that was me LOL.

99'CajunFirehawk157
10-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Yup that was me LOL.
Cool, thats why they were yelling that then...:cheers: Sounds great!

Chris05ssTruck
10-11-2010, 03:03 PM
I had a guy pretty much do the same shit FFB. They kept pulling out the camera's and yelling. I had the windows up and ac on blast (Street car's have this), but it was pissing me off. They just kept yelling. Right up to the car...if i had the window down, they would have prolly had their head in. When that happened (IF) they can meet my good friend 3 steps away.

FASTFATBOY
10-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Cool, thats why they were yelling that then...:cheers: Sounds great!

Yelling?

99'CajunFirehawk157
10-11-2010, 04:27 PM
Yelling? Asking, requesting, begging, demanding, holding a sign up......for a burn out :burn: But YES, it does get annoying and especially when you see what some of them are driving, like you say, suvs w/4 different tires and such.

jdiddyws6
10-11-2010, 11:07 PM

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Record attendance, really nice cars except a dumpy 11 second lt1 that the owner wouldn't even look at people, and a crap ton of people showing up after hours, in which said dumpy lt1 and equally dumpy silver lt1 car did not participate in.

1fastTransAm
10-11-2010, 11:21 PM
I was out pretty much everyday. There became to much traffic of regular cars to do a burnout plus people standing inches from the road and sorry I am not going to risk it to make others happy. Cops were out like crazy but very relaxed for the most part. I got pulled over but let go and didnt get pulled over for a burnout either. It was my first CTC and had a blast over a 1k pix and tons of videos. Cannot wait till next year.

wake00
10-12-2010, 06:39 AM
I agree some of the people can be annoying. We just stayed away from the crowded area's during the weekend (Gulfport, Biloxi, etc.). We were in Bay St. Louis Saturday and that was nice. It was pretty calm.

99'CajunFirehawk157
10-12-2010, 06:53 AM
I agree some of the people can be annoying. We just stayed away from the crowded area's during the weekend (Gulfport, Biloxi, etc.). We were in Bay St. Louis Saturday and that was nice. It was pretty calm.
Wake, have you been in the Ocean Springs section on Washington Ave?, very nice but very crowded, but no burnout requests either...similar to BSL I imagine.

FASTFATBOY
10-12-2010, 07:42 AM
Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Record attendance, really nice cars except a dumpy 11 second lt1 that the owner wouldn't even look at people, and a crap ton of people showing up after hours, in which said dumpy lt1 and equally dumpy silver lt1 car did not participate in.

Yeh, its a dumpy ole LT1 car.....thats why its about to have its picture taken:nod:

I didnt look around much, no. I was too busy watching the dumbass rednecks around me in Moma's SUV texting while driving and doing burnouts.

You cant hear much over the exhaust anyway...I apologize if I seemed kinda snooty....been under the weather lately with a BAD case of shingles.....that shit will wear you down and make you pretty mad at the world I must say.

As far as street racing goes, I been done with that for a while now. I just enjoy the ole hooptie, you young guys can have that scene I had my fun doing it.

FASTFATBOY
10-12-2010, 07:44 AM
Wake, have you been in the Ocean Springs section on Washington Ave?, very nice but very crowded, but no burnout requests either...similar to BSL I imagine.

Ocean Springs and Bay St Louis are, by far, the best venues.

mesterious
10-12-2010, 10:50 AM
Ocean Springs and Bay St Louis are, by far, the best venues.

Didn't get to go to Ocean Springs but Bay St Louis was great. A guy passed through with a old GT40 which had to be one of my favorite car.

1936 LS1
10-12-2010, 08:41 PM
Enough of the problems, here's the reason we go every year! -->

http://community.webshots.com/album/578779262ORpoWW?vhost=community

wake00
10-14-2010, 07:38 PM

I actually wasn't over there. My dad was though and said it was very nice. I'll have to try it out next year. I'm already looking forward to it.