LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

this ever happen to anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 09:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Default this ever happen to anyone?

I went to the track last night, hoping for some better times with my nearly stock car. got 4 runs in, couldve done more but i was getting very low on gas and the track prep was wasting my time and my tires. I took the back seat out and seatbelts and spare tire, did a TB bypass, and was spinning like crazy compared to last time! It had to of been the track.

Anyways one of my burnouts i felt a funny noise from the rear end of the car, dunno what that was all about. But i did my burnout and go to the line and stage. Was a decent burnout, NT555r's like it hot and smokey, smoke got in the car a bit but not bad. Sitting there waiting for the tree to go and all the sudden dudes head pops in front of my windshield. kind of startled me to be honest! like what the hell is he doing there! then after about 2 seconds he just walks away.

I didnt have a helmet on, i had my seat belt on. I dunno what the heck he was looking for but its been in my head ever since. Any idea's?

Also, last time i didnt think much of it, i just went to the line and launched, hardley spun at all. this time since i was spinning so much i started looking at the lane. the whole thing looked disgusting lol. just crap all over where you would be launching. Whats the best spot in the track to find the "groove" in the lane? what are you supposed to look for?

Our track has gone downhill some days, the people handing out time slips dont even care if you have a helmet on or not if you bust a 13.99 or under

Last edited by trilkb; 09-11-2010 at 09:17 AM.