View Full Version : Congrats Mark "Ohio Boys" on DR WIN!

LASTLS1
09-13-2010, 08:29 AM
Congrats on the win! You really deserved it. Your car is so consistent. Also LMR on second place. You guys were flying on that track.

Thanks Mark and Josh for all your help, you guys are a class act!

Pro Stock John
09-13-2010, 08:31 AM
Congrats Mark, Dave, Ryan and the rest of the OH Boys, you kicked ass. Fixing that starter between rounds was pretty wild. :)

PSJ
OH Boys Chicago Branch

ZTwentyAteU
09-13-2010, 11:21 AM
I'm glad they let yall fix the starter, that was some BS if they wouldn't let you...I mean, hell, yall showed up, they can wait

props for the win

wbb
09-13-2010, 11:24 AM
congrats.. good win

98CustomSS
09-13-2010, 11:43 AM
Glad to see Mark get his first win at such a great event! It was well deserved with all the hard work and time put in the past few days before the race. Also a big thanks to LMR and S.A.M for there help those guys are all class acts! The shootout next month should be off the hook!!

KeithBerryZ06
09-13-2010, 12:35 PM
Congrats! WOOOO!

Reckless
09-13-2010, 04:08 PM
Kudos Mark and crew!

nmass399
09-13-2010, 04:17 PM
Great job guys, the car was hookin really well. I hope yall used all that ice from hardees lol. Wish i would have got a pic of that.

ohiorocker
09-13-2010, 07:34 PM
congrats all! we made it but our camaro we were going to race broke on the way

JRracing
09-13-2010, 11:06 PM
Good job guys. The hard work shows. And pays off!

Good luck next month. I will be there..

Quick Carl
09-14-2010, 05:52 AM
Congrats on getting it together and on the win. I know everyone appreciates the effort to make the race. The whole event was a great show of sportsmanship with all the racers to work things out and put on good show.

ryarbrough
09-14-2010, 08:25 AM
Congratulations guys! I know it was hard work to get the car down the track, but from where I was standing it looked like it was on rails nearly every pass!

09-14-2010, 05:02 PM
Great job Mark and crew! Nice to get that first win under your belt I bet.....

Great job Steven, Josh and crew at LMR also!

Kurt

koolrayz
09-14-2010, 05:29 PM
Nice job Mark and crew. Had a great time piting next to you guys!
Thanks for the help over the weekend.

BlwnTA
09-14-2010, 11:05 PM
Thanks for all the kind comments Andy I'm just now getting a chance to check the web...trying to catch up at work and some rest the last couple days.

It was really great meeting some of you folks I have spoke with on the phone or thru email/PM's. Thanks again for the props...

Getting my first good win after two and half years really felt great but I could not have done it without the help of my crew (Mike, Dave, Daniel and Ryan), the patience of my wife and the tremendous support of several companies....

Special thanks to:

ERL Performance (Jeff and Sean)
KUP (Kurt Urban)
TEA (Mike Schmidt)
Wiseco (Brian Nutter)

These 4 companies jumped through fire lit hoops to get me the parts I needed to put the motor together the day before the race.

Also the competition was phenominal and are really great guys....a special big thanks to:

LMR (Josh, Steven Fereday, Rob, Dave Lewis, and Crew)
S.A.M (Judd and Crew)
Mark Carlyle (Atomicfusion)

These guys loaned us stuff to fix gremlins and helped us as needed with issues. Hell...Josh (LMR) stuck his big arm under the car and held my starter when the bolt fell out to keep me from getting disqualified in the first round. This is why I like to race in these events...it's fun to have friendly competition that makes sure friendships are first and racing is second.

Big thanks to Holley for a great inaugrual event...looking forward to next year for sure!

Mark
Ohio Boys Racing

ERL Performance
09-16-2010, 10:52 AM
Congrats Mark!!!!!! One of the most impressive thing though about this is that Mark is still running hydraulic lifters with this setup. Amazing! Way to go guys! Enjoy the win boys.

98CustomSS
09-16-2010, 12:17 PM
Hey I think you need to add another car and update those times in your signature...just sayin! :D

ERL Performance
09-16-2010, 01:51 PM
I know, I know. When are you going to step up from the little 408 ci? :)

BLNLS1/RX7
09-16-2010, 02:15 PM
Nice Win.Hope to see you at the LSX Shootout next month.

Worm Boy
09-16-2010, 03:24 PM
Congrats Mark, you and the rest of your crew are definately a pleasure to race against. Mark had our # all weekend and still offered to split the pot at the end when we both made it to the finals. I will never forget that mark, that really helped pay for our trip. I just hope I get to return the favor at the next LSX Shootout! You should be proud, you have a really quick consistent car, thats what it takes to win races, consistency!

dshock20
09-16-2010, 09:07 PM
Congrats Mark, and yes, and big thanks for the help goes to Josh, Steven and Rob at LMR and Juddson and Crew and S.A.M. without those guys we would not have made it past the first round!! It is really worth it to race against a bunch of stand up people also. Hope to see you all at the Shootout!!!

Dave
Crew Ohio Boys

98CustomSS
09-16-2010, 09:28 PM
I know, I know. When are you going to step up from the little 408 ci? :)

Whenever you start taking parts in trade...haha ;) However I do have 5.7 block sitting in my garage collecting dust...hmmm :naughty:

Brian Tooley
09-16-2010, 09:28 PM
Congrats Mark, you guys have worked HARD for it. I still can't believe any of the magazine guys haven't made a big deal about it being hyd roller!