Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you think of this exhaust BS?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 07:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think of this exhaust BS?

So my mom bugs me to go pick up a prescription paper for her at the doctors which is 5 minutes away and for some dumb reason I say yeah, last time I do that. I get 3 minutes down the road and I see the lights Im like great. I get a citation for failing to maintain exhaust system. He said it was hanging too low and terminated underneath passenger compartment. Such bullshit. This is my setup: Pacesetter race longtubes to a TSP x pipe which dumps a couple feet from my axle. The idiot didn't give me a hard time about 1. Expired license 2. No cats 3. 15% tint all around, but wanted to give me a hard time about that. The citation is for 110 dollars which I don't have clearly because if I did, my exhaust would not be hanging there with a clothes wire hangar. Im going to get it fixed and fight it ASAP. Anyway after all that is finished up with I plan on having it extended over the axle with two thrush mufflers before the axle or maybe even after it. My question is: will it be legal if I have cutouts before the mufflers right after the headers because I heard from a couple people it's not legal... Thank god I don't have to have it inspected just pay the fine/plead not guilty.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

most people i know install the cutouts right after the headers!! I guess that is good you didn't get a ticket for Expired license No cats & 15% tint that could of be a 400+ citation
Old 09-14-2010, 12:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So your complaining about him giving you a citation for the part of you car that will cost you the least amount of money in a fine.

expired license- much more then 110 dollar fine, plus impound fees if he wants to be a dick
no cats- also an impound fee in some states plus a fine
tint- removal fee plus the cost you paid for the tint and having a car that looks like **** without it

i say you made out well considering you can pick up a catback for 50 bucks on craigslist and pay the 110 bucks
Old 09-14-2010, 12:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by matrixiskool
So my mom bugs me to go pick up a prescription paper for her at the doctors which is 5 minutes away and for some dumb reason I say yeah, last time I do that.
Don't bitch about doing something nice for someone. Takes the merit out of it.

I get 3 minutes down the road and I see the lights Im like great.
All drivers of modded cars worry about this everytime they drive. Get used to it.

I get a citation for failing to maintain exhaust system. He said it was hanging too low and terminated underneath passenger compartment. Such bullshit .
That is illegal you know?

This is my setup: Pacesetter race longtubes to a TSP x pipe which dumps a couple feet from my axle.
I don't see the mention of any mufflers. You were running straight pipe and wondering why you got pulled over? Jeez

The idiot didn't give me a hard time about 1. Expired license 2. No cats 3. 15% tint all around, but wanted to give me a hard time about that .
You drive with straight pipe, no valid license, and limo tint and he is the idiot? Fool.
The citation is for 110 dollars which I don't have clearly because if I did, my exhaust would not be hanging there with a clothes wire hangar.
Get a job, or leave your stock exhaust alone.

Im going to get it fixed and fight it ASAP .
Thats the great all american thing to do

Anyway after all that is finished up with I plan on having it extended over the axle with two thrush mufflers before the axle or maybe even after it. My question is: will it be legal if I have cutouts before the mufflers right after the headers because I heard from a couple people it's not legal... Thank god I don't have to have it inspected just pay the fine/plead not guilty.
Guess what? In case nobody told you, 99.9% of all exhaust modification is illegal. You cannot move the cats from their existing location or remove them, you cannot make an exhaust that can be heard as little as 25 feet away depending on your location/city (which is every performance exhaust I know of). And you cannot exit it before the end of the passenger compartment as well as cannot do away with any emission/exhaust related functions. Basically leave it stock in the law's eyes.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:05 AM
12 Second Club

Consider yourself lucky OP. The cop could have made it a lot worse for you.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bahahaha you came on here, posted this.. and expected people to feel your pain... You broke the law.. you got a ticket.. Man up, and knock the sand out of your vag.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:29 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

if you are running straight pipes you need a ticket just for giving ls1 fbodies a bad name of sounding like ****
Old 09-14-2010, 10:05 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

you got off lucky. Cops dont play around in my area. you drive around with a suspended/expired license. you are going to get bent over, then watch your car get towed away. as well as have a handful of tickets for everything else that is wrong with your car.

also, "last time you do something nice for your mom?" sounds like your living at home still correct? stop b**ching and be happy you have a mom.

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
if you are running straight pipes you need a ticket just for giving ls1 fbodies a bad name of sounding like ****
thunder is right... i think you should sell the TA and go buy a honda
Old 09-14-2010, 10:47 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is certainly a whole lotta fail in your post.

You got off easy.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Man, you are one lucky individual. Everytime I used to get pulled over, they would all but arrest me

I would have been thanking that cop for not nailing you to the wall.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never bitch about doing things for my mom, and she lives 900 miles away. She doesn't make much money, so if she needs help moving or getting her jeep fixed I'll gladly make the trip out there to help. Sounds like you have a little growing up to do.

Also, +587 on getting off easy.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

and just to add to the failed post, this is in the wrong section