LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

total hilarity

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 10:30 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default total hilarity

So my little bro had a nice 1997 jeep grand cherokee with the 5.2 and a 4.5 lift on some 33"s. It was black and badass, but he randomly trades it straight up for a 1998 audi a4 quattro with a ton of mods. It's running 15lbs boost and all supporting mods, in the world of rice its quick, not a race for my trans am, though from a dig his first gear pulls like crazy, but then its all over. I couldent get it through his head that it was actually pretty damn slow. So i get this idea, why not race him with my stock buick ultra, well its got a cone filter so you can hear the blower whine and get a little more air and a little less timing pulled on the stock tune. So we go from a 5 roll, i even let him brake boost, he pulls a half car on me and then hits second and watches me walk his *** hard in the 200k mile stock buick ultra with the brakes on the squealers and the sway bar links rusted apart and my arm hangin out the window. I literally had a car between us by 100mph lol. He was recked, just totally depressed, he is now trying to trade for a gtp or something with the same motor as the ultra lol.

Anyway, i either want to do a cam and spray over the winter or sell the bird because i know i wont actually have the money to do the cam as i will be a dad in about 5 months...again. If i sell it I'll get a gtp, cant make up my mind
Old 09-14-2010, 10:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny ****!
Old 09-14-2010, 12:36 PM
TECH Resident

Hells yeah, its not even my car actually, it my uncle's but its sitting in my driveway so i maintain it and drive it when i need to. Hey you got a new h/c setup? We need to meet up! I wanna see your ride and feel what mine could be like lol. I'v never been in a quick one, yours and mine are the quickest iv seen.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You were trying to sale your T/A a while back correct? And I was very tempted to buy it?
Old 09-14-2010, 05:16 PM
TECH Resident

I should have waited a couple more months to get the turboed regal we opted for the 182 hp na motor
Old 09-15-2010, 10:55 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by porksoda
You were trying to sale your T/A a while back correct? And I was very tempted to buy it?
Yep that was me. We lost he gtp and the money we put down on it, but i still have the trans am so its not all bad. The only thing is that i have to drive my uncle's buick ultra until he gets my tranny done. He took the tranny and said he would get it done in about 2 weeks, witch was fine with me because a 46rh chrysler tranny is not something i wanted to tackle, and i'm a mechanic. It's basically a tf727 with an overdrive unit bolted to the tail and an elec lock up converter. But its been 9 months now, i kinda wanna just drive to minnesota and get it.

Quick Reply: total hilarity