Sponsored by:

Low idle and vibration 2000 SS automatic

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 09:14 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Low idle and vibration 2000 SS automatic

Stock '00 SS Auto 109,000 miles

When I first crank the car in the morning and put in gear, the idle (stock tach) shows 500 rpm. Right after I put it in gear, a loud high frequency vibration is heard from somewhere in the drive train. Don't know what this could be. Stops in about 30 seconds, but starts again when I pull up to a red light. I'm afraid something is going to go soon. Could it be a pulley? Just replaced both idler pulleys because they were squealing.

Engine is stock. Transmission was rebuilt by professional who builds GM transmissions as a specialty. New plugs and wires at 100,000 miles. Cleaned TB and have run Seafoam throught engine. Started noticing this problem before tuneup. I expected the tune up to cure it but no luck.

Any ideas? Thanks!
Old 09-16-2010, 06:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am having a similar issue with my 99 ws6 a4... if im sitting at a light i get a vibration like crazy.. almost like i have a sub in the trunk getting feedback or something, it makes my console vibrate, i cant feel it in the pedals, if i slide into neutral it eases up quite a bit but doesnt go away.. and it seems to vary in intensity almost like a pulse maybe... let me know if yours is something like this...
Old 11-06-2010, 02:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like to bring this thread back and try to get some feedback. My 1999 A4 SS is doing the samething as ANTI COP RAM AIR. When I'm at a light car just vibrates like hell. I feelnothing at the pedals or steering wheel.