Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch options

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 11:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch options

it time for a new clutch. i have 140,000 miles on my car had a ls6 replacement put in at 70,000. been a great clutch street driving and lil racing on the weekends wanting to maybe upgrade to spec stage 2 and resurface my factory flywheel. what are sum other things i should look into replacing when i do the clutch other than it needs a new master cylinder. or whats a good decent priced clutch kit thats good for everyday driving
Old 09-15-2010, 09:55 AM
FormerVendor

Has the flywheel been resurfaced? If so, you may need to replace it. Check the total thickness of the flywheel when it is removed (measured from the crank mounting surface to the discs friction surface). Starting thickness is .810" and you should not remove more than .015" from this or it can affect clutch release. If you do need a new flywheel we offer them in steel and aluminun.

Our kits include the TOB, Pilot-bearing, disc, pressure-plate and alignment-tool. You should also consider a new slave-cylinder, which we also offer and may want to install a new master-cylinder too which we also have for most application. Let me know if you have any further questions and I will be happy to assist you. Thanks!
Old 09-15-2010, 12:58 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To be honest, with that many miles you just replace everything. Its a good way to ensure there are NO weak links.

Clutch: Pick your Poison (IMO I am a HUGE fan of Textraila Clutches but again, pick what you want) Just make sure its a complete KIT. Install alignment tool as well.

Master Cyl: Get a Tick Performance Adj. Master. Gravity Bleed with a helper

Flywheel: Use whats in the kit, IMO steel is fine.

Slave Cyl: 2002 Stock GM is fine

Pilot Bearing: Again go with Stock

Fluid: I use basic Synthetic DOT 3/4 fluid. Regular changes.

The new Slave and Master are in general will get you 90-95% of the way there.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:09 PM
TDP
FormerVendor

I'm running some really good specials on Diamond Clutch. You get a free remote bleeder with a complete clutch kit and free shipping. Carries 12mo / 12k warranty

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...-warranty.html

Quick Reply: clutch options