Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A laugh at my expense

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 12:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A laugh at my expense

i put some lontubes on the old SS, and love them, was having trouble with the passenger side last header bolt going in all the way, i could get to it fine, and could get the socket on it to tighten it, just didnt wanna break it because it felt like it wasnt going in straight. i fired it up and there was no leaks so i didnt worry about that bolt any more, today while half asleep at the gas station i drove over a parking curb, cause i was trying to pull through and bashed the hell out of my collectors and instantly noticed an exhaust leak. It turns out that i broke off that last header bolt, and my y-pipe is welded to the dented header collector and now i have to pull the head to get that bolt out. looks like im gonna be re-buying headers and a y-pipe because another y-pipe wont bolt up the the crushed longtube and they are welded together so its gonna have to get cut,

i hope everyone can learn some good lessons from my retardation...

PARKING CURBS ARE BAD!
DOING **** THE RIGHT WAY THE FIRST TIME CAN SAVE LOTS OF FRUSTRATION AND MONEY
Old 09-15-2010, 12:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL

****, man. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Its okay, though. I **** **** up all the time and have to do it over.

My brother and I and a friend were replacing a Wheel Bearing/Hub Assembly on my brother's 06 Silverado a few weeks ago. We installed the new assembly and then went to reinstall the rotor and the ****** wouldn't go on all the way. We're like, "what the ****?" Upon closer inspection, we had reinstalled the brake dust shield backwards and it was now hitting on the rotor. We had to take the damn thing back apart and turn the shield around.

Live and learn, I guess. LOL
Old 09-15-2010, 02:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lool too bad! and ur right abt doing the right **** all the way otherwise shitty stuff might happen. good luck with pulling heads.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha, I was half asleep driving to the bank and drove over the curb and fucked my rim and my front bumper up really bad. But I **** alot of mechanical **** up all the time. Good Luck