Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of Madman T/A with Exhaust Needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 06:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pics of Madman T/A with Exhaust Needed

I have looked at the pics of Madman's Torque Arm on his website for a while now, and just cant figure how exhaust will work with it. I already have true duals but Im wondering how much they will have to be fabed to clear the crossmember Any help would be greatly appericated.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

On my Madman T/A, the crossbar is a 1" round tube that runs between / welded to the subframe connectors, with plates that bolt to where the G-load brace used to be. My exhaust hangs below that. I have a 3" Y-pipe that Futral made for me when my car was at his shop, it works perfectly. It does hang low, but not too much so (my car is not lowered). With the front Hals, I was able to adjust the ride height to where I don't scrape the exhaust at all.

The exhaust will have to dip down a little - don't expect it to 'tuck up in there'. But as long as your car is not lowered, there shouldn't be a problem getting it to fit. I have about 3/8"-1/2" clearance between the pipes and the crossmember, and it doesn't bang at all.

It can be done without too much difficulty. Or, at least, Futral made it look easy. The Y-pipe he made is art... 3" mandrels to a 3 1/2" Flowmaster Y, leading to a 3 1/2" cutout, and then necking down to 3" to go over the axle & through the muffler...
Old 01-27-2004, 06:26 PM
9 Second Club

I lowered my bar, its too low for street driving, so I am gonna redo the whole support with some flat bar steel or something.