Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Big Thanks!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 04:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Big Thanks!

Not sure where to put this, but this is the section where I got most of my info from. Mods feel free to move.

Just want to say thanks to a few in particular who did some great DIY write ups that I used while doing my install of American Racing Headers, catted Y pipe, Prothane mounts, AIR removal and plug install.

Cyberkill, LastZ, Freak, BobP, Lt1 sport, onyx rock, just to name a few who started some of the posts that were my bible. Oh and who ever mentioned keeping the clamshells loose and losening the pedastals to make life easier while installing motor mount bolt. That is the ticket! And to all the other great people on here who were an influence to me on my install and purchase.

I have to say this site has made this job a million times easier.
Thanks

Last edited by LS14EVR; 09-15-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:39 PM
On The Tree

Hell yeah! I made a post just about like this a while back. I seriously went from a guy that took my car to a mechanic for everything to a guy that has installed everything you see in my sig myself (other than the stall converter & shift kit).

Cam swap is up next for me. It's amazing what you can learn when you spend a little time on LS1Tech! It's also amazing how many times I have used advice from various threads here & the posters never even know about it. Thanks to everyone for sharing your knowledge!

Last edited by osuhog; 09-15-2010 at 09:15 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:16 PM
12 Second Club

There is definitly a wealth of knowledge on here! Car looks great btw!
Old 09-16-2010, 08:14 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks zracer.

Yeah, I've always worked on my own cars but this just helped out a ton because I knew what was coming before I even jacked up the car.

I'll admit though, still taking car to muffler shop just to finish up the last final adjustment to my cat back. I just can't seem to get it right. It needs some muffler shop finesse!
Old 09-17-2010, 12:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes definitely a shoutout to cyberkill! couldn't have gotten the motor mounts on without you
Old 09-17-2010, 02:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I have definitely used this site for many things and I would like to add a +1 to the thank yous. OP, where did you get the stud kit for your headers? Not trying to hijack..
Old 09-17-2010, 07:14 AM
TECH Resident

I bought headers off a person from here in the classifieds and he already had them, so not sure where he got them originally, but they are ARP header studs. I saw them at summit for about 100 bucks. WELL WORTH the money! Those things are nice and make the install a snap for one person. Plus they look good too!
Old 09-20-2010, 12:25 PM
TECH Resident

Just thought I'd bump this back to the top one last time. And say that my install is now completed after stoping at muffler shop. The owner was VERY nice and just did a few tweeks for free. He complimented me on my install and said I did very well, especially for a garage floor job. lol. All he had to do was use a floor jack while on the hoist, and lower car a bit to bend tweek the pipe around and then bend a hanger or two. That's it! The owner just bought a 5th Gen so that helped.
Just love the sound, added torque and everything in between. Just need a tune.
Thanks to Everyone Again