Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The quest for duals....(TSP and Bassanni owners opinions wanted)

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 04:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The quest for duals....(TSP and Bassanni owners opinions wanted)

alright so ive absolutely had it with rasp (lt'S to Borla) and im pretty set on true duals..

Im trying to decide between getting the TSP dumps, the bassanni OTA setup, or trying to get a shop to make me a custom over the axle set up..

Guys with TSP's set up, how do you like it? clearance? will it work with the factory torque arm? i know it has some issues with the tunnel mounts.

Same for the guys with the bassanni...

BTW the car will have a 9" or 12-bolt eventually in the future, would like for this to be my last exhaust

Last edited by arioch; 09-26-2010 at 11:31 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My car has the factory T/A, TSP duals, and slp stage II suspension (a little lower than factory) and it barely scrapes every once in a while. This is with QTP's though, with hooker LT's (about 3" shorter) it only scraped on speed bumps, and it was minimal, more of a rub than a scrape. Mine fits great.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

any rasp? and are you running it with or without cats?
Old 09-20-2010, 05:05 PM
12 Second Club

No rasp ( I think thats the little popping sound on decel? ). Of course no cats. I ran it on the stock cam for about 2 months and it sounded pretty good, but with the 5X3, mmmmm so nice. Forgot to mention I got the dynomax bullets. Some people hate them, I love them.

Heres a quick little vid I did, while driving with my iphone so the quality is crap, along with the view lol. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuxXy7CIvGQ
Old 09-20-2010, 05:11 PM
On The Tree

Pacesetter longtubes with a custom 3 inch exhaust with an x-pipe, under the axle. Lowered all around and have barely any scrapes.

No rasp in this setup either, and this was using the cheapest glasspacks I could find at 18 bucks a pop.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TSP duals on my car don't fit terribly up front, but the clearance is **** in the back, even with an aftermarket torque arm. I'm actually switching from bullets to Power Sticks as much for a different sound as I am to be able to tuck the smaller mufflers up higher and in tighter to the torque arm.

If you have a good exhaust shop locally that'll mandrel 3" stuff, and won't throw a fit for installing an "illegal" exhaust (and without cats, if you decide to not run them), buying a good x-pipe and the mufflers you want will probably result in the best-fitting system.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you have a good exhaust shop locally that'll mandrel 3" stuff, and won't throw a fit for installing an "illegal" exhaust (and without cats, if you decide to not run them), buying a good x-pipe and the mufflers you want will probably result in the best-fitting system.
Ya i think im gonna have to go get some quotes locally, showing them some pictures of an OTA set up from the duals sticky before making a decision.

Im liking the fact that all of these dual setups seem to kill the rasp.

What are all you guys running for mufflers on the duals? completely in the dark there
Old 09-21-2010, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by arioch
Ya i think im gonna have to go get some quotes locally, showing them some pictures of an OTA set up from the duals sticky before making a decision.

Im liking the fact that all of these dual setups seem to kill the rasp.

What are all you guys running for mufflers on the duals? completely in the dark there
20" Power Sticks in the mail for mine. Lots of guys like Dynomax Bullets and Moroso Spiral Flows.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:32 AM
12 Second Club

If you go the custom route, just make sure you get an X thats narrow.

This is what you want:

This is not:

Or they could make you something like this, which will make it alot easier to route from the header's:
Old 09-21-2010, 04:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That last shot is great, is that custom for you?
Old 09-21-2010, 07:18 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And here's an undercarriage shot to show you why you probably want to go with a narrow cross-over (x-pipe)...

Old 09-26-2010, 11:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

alright, any bassanni users opinions?

I've heard some issues with crazy noises coming from the axle area with this setup.