Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

do i need a tune to run a 150 shot of nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 05:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default do i need a tune to run a 150 shot of nitrous

i have a stock 99 ls1 camaro and i was wondering if i need to get a tune to run a 150 shot?
Old 09-20-2010, 06:50 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran a 350 shot on a almost stock tune. I have run a 150 on a stock tune with no issues

We ran a Zeitronix's Wide-Band & EGT setup. We also had a Zeitronix's Alarm system. The Alarm would go off all the time until we got the correct jetting. If we changed the jets we could use the Zeitronix data-logger to get the correct jetting.
APPLICATIONS
  • AFR too rich The alarm activates when too rich mixture is detected.
  • AFR too lean The alarm activates when too lean mixture is detected.
  • A combination of AFR too rich and AFR too lean alarms can be used to tune for a specific AFR window.
  • EGT too high The alarm activates when EGT exceeds a safe user selected level.
  • RPM too high Shift-light functionality with a bonus of audio alarm and a relay trigger.
  • TPS too high The alarm activates when TPS exceeds a selected level.
  • USER1 Input too high The alarm activated if a sensor connected to the USER1 input exceeds a selected level.
  • USER1 Input too low The alarm activated if a sensor connected to the USER1 input is lower than a selected level.
  • Relay trigger Open or close a relay circuit to activate or deactivate additional devices at a set warning level. Typically used to add a control to your boost setting, nitrous or alcohol injection and other devices capable of engine destruction.

The Audio Visual Warning and Trigger Box alarm is activated by Zeitronix Zt-2 Wideband AFR Meter. The audio alarm can be deactivated by adjusting the switch SW1 inside the box. The visual alarm and a relay trigger are always active.

Old 09-20-2010, 07:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes you can but there are a few items that you should have in the car to prevent destroying that motor.