Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Should I Change?...

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 12:24 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Should I Change?...

Hey fellas. Well i decided to pull the trigger on a cam. I already have a good idea on what im goin with. God i love TSP . Anyway my question is, should i change my oil pump and go ported? Now if i were still in a f-body it would be a no brainer, however i already have an LS6 oil pump. She puts out great pressure. 60+psi under full throttle and 44-46psi while crusing. My mechanic has never steered me wrong and suggested not to since mine is workin so great. He has been workin on C5's for the longest and his is a beast....bored n stroked 418ci w/ all the goodies makin 550na rwhp and 800+ on the giggle juice . Sorry for rambling i just wanted you guys opinions on the matter. BTW my car krept ovr 90K right before i left for the desert.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:03 PM
9 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I would change out an oil pump that already has 90k+ miles on it. It's not something that you absolutely have to do - the original pump will likely last for a long time. But it just makes sense to change out such a vital component while you have the front cover off. In the end, it's your call, and it will likely turn out fine whichever choice you make.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you for your input. I think i will

Quick Reply: Should I Change?...