LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Will Long Tubes fit on 95z w/ eiback prokit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 06:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will Long Tubes fit on 95z w/ eiback prokit?

Got a 1995 Z28 with an EiBach prokit. Will Long Tubes clear or be too close to the ground?
Old 09-21-2010, 06:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes it will clear. "too close" depends on the person. I have to take ramps/speedbumps at an angle to avoid scraping if thats what you mean. Still scrapes sometimes, lowering puts you at that risk.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chavez885
Yes it will clear. "too close" depends on the person. I have to take ramps/speedbumps at an angle to avoid scraping if thats what you mean. Still scrapes sometimes, lowering puts you at that risk.
Agreed...i had those springs..didnt care for them at all..rear ended up sagging in a years time....
Old 09-21-2010, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

My springs were on when I got the car, so I can't tell you alot about them other than they are Red LG Motorsports Springs (which I hear may be someone else's that LG re-branded and sold?) but it looks to sit about the same as yours except on 17" SS (ZR1) wheels. I have TPIS longtubes and 3" offroad Y and it scrapes on EVERYTHING!! I have already found some stock springs to swap onto mine, but I'm keeping the KYB AGX struts/shocks. Thinking about just swapping the rear springs first to see if that rake keeps it from scraping as much....may look cool....but I'm old so my opinion is diff.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

I have adjustable coilovers on my car currently and as you can see in my sig my car is low, a good amount lower than the Pro-Kit. Occasionally I will scrape the flange connection that connects my LT's to my x-pipe because clearance is lost with that style connection. I scrape them when going down the road too fast and hitting some bad dips, haven't gone through any speed bumps but would imagine that not being too pretty. When I was lowered with Strano springs which give you an almost identical drop to the Pro-Kit, I never had any problems at all.

Quick Reply: Will Long Tubes fit on 95z w/ eiback prokit?