Sponsored by:

2000 LS1 tune

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 06:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 2000 LS1 tune

Hello,

I own a 2000 camaro ls1. I have some mods done to the car (headers, full exhaust, Ls6 intake, 228/228 comp cam, MAF) I recently had the car tuned. The codes for all the o2 sensors have been deleted but my car is still giving codes, and is starting to run rough. Any suggestions on what may be causeing this? Also The trans tune was alterered, when i get on the car it chirps into second gear, but once i pull up to the stoplight and lightly accelerate, the trans hits really hard, like it feels its going to drop off the car! Once i restart the car, it shifts fine until i accelerate hard. Could it be the trans pressure? I have the stock trans, and my tuner says that a larger stall converter would help? I also noticed that after the cam install the car wants to pull all the time, ie im always using the breaks to stay at 30mph would a troque converter help? I know there are a lot of questions, any advice would help!

Thanks!
Old 09-21-2010, 07:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn. get that **** to re-tune it not as aggressive. He may have put the pressures too high.

a converter does help but at this point would probably only make your car worse till he lightens that tune of his.