LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

think ma axles are f*kd!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 01:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default think ma axles are f*kd!

ok so i think my axles are dead lately its been sounding like the tires rubbing and checked everything and have no clue what else it could be im lost ,so can anyone help me out wit the symptoms ..
Old 09-23-2010, 07:01 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by blakss
ok so i think my axles are dead lately its been sounding like the tires rubbing and checked everything and have no clue what else it could be im lost ,so can anyone help me out wit the symptoms ..
Um, it's a FWD there are no "axles" only halfshafts and CV joints. If you were to write in a coherant manner, maybe we could help you pinpoint the problem.....Yo
Old 09-23-2010, 11:21 AM
12 Second Club

If your half-shafts are bad they will click while driveing and probably most noticeably through turns.

If it sounds like a grinding noise, you should check your wheel bearings. Simply lift the car and spin each wheel by hand and listen. You can also check for excessive play in the half-shafts while the car is up.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by blakss
Could be wheel bearings, which would mean you gotta replace the hubs.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

dont know if youre still under warranty or not but i just took mine in for a faulty radio and they did the bearings while it was there for free. if you are you might want to take it in. its covered under the powertrain so its free.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Are you lowered?
Old 09-23-2010, 05:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SidewaysV8
Um, it's a FWD there are no "axles" only halfshafts and CV joints. If you were to write in a coherant manner, maybe we could help you pinpoint the problem.....Yo
He misspelled one word and left out some punctuation. It was pretty coherant.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by AlabamaGuy
He misspelled one word and left out some punctuation. It was pretty coherant.
Sorry, I speak English, not ghetto. I'll refrain from trying to help from here on out.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok well "sorry" for the misspelling. I was in a hurry and didn't feel like being soo punctual lol but anyways! it really feels like the tire is rubbing.. but just had them replaced about 4 months ago and had a 6 months warranty so i think i gotta go take it back. i had bad hubs before but nothing ever like that. so idk i gotta get it checked out. just hope they don't try and get outta it cause of the rims ..which more than likely they will.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Sorry, I speak English, not ghetto. I'll refrain from trying to help from here on out.
Don't play the martyr...
Old 09-24-2010, 08:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

idk I could understand him..you want ghetto..I got this guy I hear all the time at the parts store that I think is speaking english..but I have no idea the language hes using.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GXP25
Are you lowered?

Not lowered threw the rims on a couple months ago and was dropped in tha front and kinda jackd up in the back think its cause the sway bars but still don't think it put that much strain on the hubsm. But well see.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok so after a long weekend .. spent saturday morning at sears tire center where i had the wheel hub replaced. still warranted and wanted them to swap out.. they did a suspension review or whatever and said it wasnt the hubs, because they lifted the car and at low speeds there was no noise they said it wasnt. so i rode with two techs and nothing said it was my exhaust and tires. causing "vibrations" like wow.. really? lmao
so at that point they rotated the tires cause they said my fronts were bent and could cause hoovering so i told them swap the rears which they did and then they were saying it was disc cover plate rubbing on the rotor..lol like wow again.
just kept thinking where do these guys get these excuses from..
and well finally they said the hubs were fine got them torqued and i left , had enough of there excuses.. so i left to be doin 30 and was ok 35 would cause the rubbing sound.. then 40 was ok and 45 would cause the horrible rubbing sound.. and when i was talkin to my brother in law hes like its the hubs and im like yea i kno but they dont have play and there new so should be good. and well he told me to grease them and thought to my self ..there sealed. but still ended up taken them off and greasen up the "half shaft" as another member gladly pointed out ,lol and well i guess water got in there and ended up not having any lubrication but once i greased them both up problem solved. just thought id let you guys know the outcome. hope this helps solve similar problems.