Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

What wheels will fit this brake kit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 02:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Default What wheels will fit this brake kit?

I have a 1998 Chevy Camaro and am trying to determine what type of wheel specs I would need to run a specific aftermarket brake kit designed for C5/C6's. I’ve found the following information below regarding fitment:

- At least 40.3mm from the outside of the caliper to the wheel mounting face
- At least 58mm from the rotor face to the inside of the spokes.
- stock C6Z (2006) wheels fit with at least 10mm of spoke clearance
- Fit under C5 Z06 rear wheels
- Plenty of clearance with CCW Corsair C14s (18x10 57mm offset) and Ace Alloy "Slick" Wheels (18x9.5 53mm offset).
- They do not clear stock C6 base coupe wheels (18x8.5 56mm offset) even with half-inch spacers.
- It is basically 57mm rotor to spoke at a 13 inch rotor diameter
- Yes, it bolts to the stock locations on the Corvette upright. We deliberately made this setup with the same offsets as the stock 12.81 C5 rotor, so yes, you could get the caliper setup and run a NAPA rotor, or run the stock 13.0 inch C6 rotor as well by running one of the Nordlocks underneath the caliper. Clearly, the floater rotor will work better, smoother and cooler, but I understand the economics. It fits 17 inch wheels, but you need 52 mm from the rotor face to the inside of the spokes
- Question: “The info shows a radial mount which means I can’t bolt up to my stock hubs. Is this package available with the Axial calipers?” Answer: This kit fits your car as well as all C5's and C6's. The radial mount is included.

So the above wheels work fine... on a Vette. Does that necessarily mean they would also work fine on my 98 Z28 also? If not, how do I determine the wheel specs I would need for proper fitment?

Thanks!
Old 09-26-2010, 06:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Anyone? Vendors?
Old 09-27-2010, 04:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dunno if it helps but my Brembo GT kit fits under C5Z06 wheels with no spacer. It is a very very tight fit though. (F-body)