LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

can anyone help please????

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 03:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can anyone help please????

Here are my mods long tubes open header, cold air intake, underdrive pulley, electric water pump. I recently encountered severe back fire and cut off issues with my lt1 it would back fire and sputter. I changed the opti, ignition control module, coil, wires plugs, fuel pump with a walbro 255. Now it runs worse. Soon as i tap the gas it will back fire and sputter at wide open throttle. When i slowly press the gas to wot it drives but misses at higher rpms. So i changed the opti again in one week so thats two optis in one week and its worse know. I checked all my wires nade sure thet werent crossed over and over and none are crossed. Does anyone have any clue or had this problem??? it drives ok when i drive it in moderate acceleration but at wide open throttle it spits pops and chokes. I knoow i put the opti in right ive done it plenty of times on these and the 1993 lt1 which is mine can only go in one way or it dosnt work.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your year car has one wire non heated 02sensors, they WILL NOT work properly with LT headers, you WILL have to convert to a heated 02 sensor set up...its easy if you understand and know what your doing..anything you do that alters air flow or engine load will require a tuned chip installed ...does it still have factory one wire nonheated 02's? Is it tuned? ... heres my writeup on nearly the same issues....
http://ltxtech.com/forums/showthread...ith-LT-headers

Here's his site and info:
http://www.fastbirdperf.com/93-97F-Body/93HeatedO2.htm

Last edited by defaultexistence; 09-27-2010 at 04:28 PM.

Quick Reply: can anyone help please????