Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1977 Monza 6.0 build

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 07:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 1977 Monza 6.0 build

I finally got my wifes car over to the shop last week to start the install. I took a few pics to-day. Car is still dirty as it's her summer daily driver. With old combo it ran 11.30@118 and a 1.42 60' time on 235-60 M/T ET Street drag radials. 406,5.7 rods,10:1 comp,Comp solid flat tappet cam 244/252@0.050",520/540 lift, 110LSA. 3.50 gear,turbo 350 with 8" nitrous ready converter that pulls the engine down in gear( custom built tight).
New engine is a dished piston iron 6.0 shortblock, LS3 heads and a GM carb intake.Comp hydraulic cam XR281HR, MSD computer. I know all the nay sayers on here hate this cam for these heads. Check out Car Craft build Feb 2009(550 HP for under $4,900). The old motor made 397WHP on our dyno. If this combo can make 450whp my wife will be in the 10's.This is my first LS build. I hope to build a stroker next year with a custom grind cam.This motor just gets me the basis to build the mounts and headers.
BTW how do I post my pics?
Aleck
Old 10-06-2010, 10:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default motor mounts are in

Got the motor mounts made this week and started on building the headers. Also wiring in the MSD box. I had to notch the crossmember to clear the oil pan. I need to cut the turbo 350 bellhousing ears for header room as well. I changed the steering shaft to a two piece with a support to make extra room for driver side headers. I need a longer driveshaft because the LS heads interfere with the heater and the engine/tranny is moved ahead. Damm, old shaft is a chromemoly shaft from Strange and now I need to stretch it. Of course because the LS has no provision for a mech fuel pump I'm switching to an Aeromotive fuel system.Yes I know about the front dist drive cover that allowes for a mech pump, not interested. This car has a stock hood and the front slopes real fast and I'm sure it would not clear the front dist.
I'm probably going to need to put the rollbar back in too.

Aleck

Quick Reply: 1977 Monza 6.0 build