Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help me choose a good cam for my heads

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 09:30 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default help me choose a good cam for my heads

hey guys i have been debating to keep my cam or swap it out for a bigger cam ii just feel im leaving some power on the table by keeping this cam with my new heads and another reason that has me considering a bigger cam is that my patriot springs are over kill for my cam well here are the specs of the cam and the mods it has.car is a m6
cam is lg g5x1 228/232 588/574 on a 114
heads are patriot ls6 style stage 2 heads with 59cc welded chambers 035cast
has slp cai,mti lid,slp maf,slp bellow,bbk intake,bbk tb,slp pulley,pacesseter lts,offroad y,f/m merge ,3 1/2 cut out,thru a 6 speed car has only 56k miles

it is not daily driven it goes to the track mayb once or twice a month but gets driven alot on weekends and the ocasionall roll racing.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:13 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't know how much larger of a cam you could fit in there. With stage 2 heads and having them milled down that far really cuts down on your piston to valve clearance. I would try and get a solid measurement on your piston to valve before getting another cam.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:32 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JohnJanz@Texas-Speed
I don't know how much larger of a cam you could fit in there. With stage 2 heads and having them milled down that far really cuts down on your piston to valve clearance. I would try and get a solid measurement on your piston to valve before getting another cam.
there unmilled 035 castiing heads the way they get the 59cc chambers is by welding in the chambers so i think there stock deck hight.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by droptopT/A
hey guys i have been debating to keep my cam or swap it out for a bigger cam ii just feel im leaving some power on the table by keeping this cam with my new heads and another reason that has me considering a bigger cam is that my patriot springs are over kill for my cam well here are the specs of the cam and the mods it has.car is a m6
cam is lg g5x1 228/232 588/574 on a 114
heads are patriot ls6 style stage 2 heads with 59cc welded chambers 035cast
has slp cai,mti lid,slp maf,slp bellow,bbk intake,bbk tb,slp pulley,pacesseter lts,offroad y,f/m merge ,3 1/2 cut out,thru a 6 speed car has only 56k miles

it is not daily driven it goes to the track mayb once or twice a month but gets driven alot on weekends and the ocasionall roll racing.
Why not have PatG or Geoff @ Eps spec you out a cam for your set up?