Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BRP Conversion Kit Updates

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 10:05 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BRP Conversion Kit Updates

We've been busy designing the new 62-67 Chevy 2 kit, but we've also been going through and updating our other kits. We recently discovered some fitment issues with our 68-72 A-Body conversion kits, so we brought a few cars into the shop last week and re-designed that kit. Our kit now uses the Cadillac CTS-V oil pan which sits flush with the bottom of the cross-member. The engine & frame mounts bolt in to existing holes in the frame. The cylinder head clears the a/c box by .250" at its closest point and the 2" headers clear the frame with .250" clearance also. The low mount F-Body accessories clear the frame & steering box, but you'll need to modify the a/c lines. One of the cars we used for fitment was a 1970 El Camino, which gave us a chance to re-bend the humps on our cross-member to make sure it clears the floor. We have manufactured 10 kits and they are heading to the coater this week. I apologize for anyone that has had issues with our previous A-Body kits and if you would like to swap the parts out please call or PM me. I do my best to return any missed calls and PMs, please give me enough time to do so.

Another issue we addressed was the headers for the G-Body cars, the driver’s side header interfered with the shifter linkage. We brought a Monte Carlo SS over to Hedman/Husler and they re-designed the driver’s side header to give adequate clearance for the shifter linkage. If anyone is dealing with this problem on their G-Body please call or PM me.

Jeff
BRP Hot Rods
770-751-0687
Attached Thumbnails BRP Conversion Kit Updates-img_0103.jpg   BRP Conversion Kit Updates-img_0134.jpg  
Old 09-28-2010, 10:59 AM
Teching In

any update or time frame on the chevy II conversion?
Old 09-28-2010, 12:00 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by wtf.suv
any update or time frame on the chevy II conversion?
we're waiting on the frame plates. Should be next week, but I'll be leaving for LSx Shootout on Thursday so I might not get back on it until I get back from that.
Jeff
Old 09-28-2010, 08:47 PM
Teching In

I already have edelbrock headers would you know how your kit works with them.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:16 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by hs70ss
I already have edelbrock headers would you know how your kit works with them.
Not off hand, we have never tried them with our kit. If you are near-by your welcome to stop by and we can try them in the mock-up car.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:26 AM
FormerVendor

Thanks for the all the input on our kits! Please keep us informed of any ways we can improve our products and thanks for the praise we've recieved as well. We've been spending the last year (when I started here) trying to figure out what problems we have, how to fix them and how to correct them with our customers. Thank you for supporting our products and helping us grow as a company.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:16 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BRPhotrods
but I'll be leaving for LSx Shootout on Thursday so I might not get back on it until I get back from that.
Jeff
When are you going to be there. Wouldn't want to bring a kit with you for a 70 chevelle. Is the pricing still the same as on the website.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:00 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by hs70ss
When are you going to be there. Wouldn't want to bring a kit with you for a 70 chevelle. Is the pricing still the same as on the website.
We'll be there for the entire show. Give me a call and I can bring you a kit, we are already bringing a few for other people.
Jeff
Old 09-29-2010, 11:40 AM
Teching In

Which a/c compressor do you recommend using.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:21 PM
FormerVendor

We used an F-Body compressor for mock-up, everythign clears. The only thing you might have to do is modify the lines that go into the compressor.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:36 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BRPhotrods
Another issue we addressed was the headers for the G-Body cars, the driver’s side header interfered with the shifter linkage. We brought a Monte Carlo SS over to Hedman/Husler and they re-designed the driver’s side header to give adequate clearance for the shifter linkage. If anyone is dealing with this problem on their G-Body please call or PM me.

Jeff
BRP Hot Rods
770-751-0687
Does this address column shift interference? I see that your mounts raise the CTS-V pan to a point where its flush with the crossmsmber.

I used John Bs mounts that Put the CTS-V pan about a 1/2 below the crossmember and I have seen a few use your headers for G-body that fit but had the console shift not column.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:22 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 2Aspire
Does this address column shift interference? I see that your mounts raise the CTS-V pan to a point where its flush with the crossmsmber.

I used John Bs mounts that Put the CTS-V pan about a 1/2 below the crossmember and I have seen a few use your headers for G-body that fit but had the console shift not column.
No, we didn't build it for use with the crossshaft, it won't clear the headers and the selector shaft sits back about 3/4" from the factory location. It can be done, but you'd need to fabricate a cross shaft with hump in it like the one I built for my truck, and you'd need to move the bracket back on the frame and lengthen the shaft.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:15 PM
Teching In

My install seems a little tight on a/c box. Trying to install stock 5.3 truck motor before i put it in a 89 truck.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:52 PM
Teching In

any updates on the chevy II kit? i could use a set of headers like yesterday!
Old 10-14-2010, 08:29 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by wtf.suv
any updates on the chevy II kit? i could use a set of headers like yesterday!
I just posted a couple of pics from my phone of the mock-up work in the Chevy 2 thread.
Jeff
Old 10-14-2010, 08:31 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by byrons1502
My install seems a little tight on a/c box. Trying to install stock 5.3 truck motor before i put it in a 89 truck.
Are you installing it int he 89 truck and it's tight?
Jeff
Old 10-14-2010, 10:47 PM
On The Tree

using your mounts on my car.....they are the original design....was going to try and drill holes on the cross member because of fitment issues with my h3 oil pan...instead i just took your measurements...bolted the mounts to the engine...sat it in place and burned them in where it was square on the crossmemeber....works great....thanks for all the help
Old 10-15-2010, 09:07 PM
Teching In

Sorry for the confusion. I installed the engine in a 69 chevelle and it hits the a/c box. I removed the box to see how close it would be. I took pictures and could not get them to load. I was mocking up the chevelle with the engine before i installed it in the truck. Mock up is taking longer than i thought.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:26 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by byrons1502
Sorry for the confusion. I installed the engine in a 69 chevelle and it hits the a/c box. I removed the box to see how close it would be. I took pictures and could not get them to load. I was mocking up the chevelle with the engine before i installed it in the truck. Mock up is taking longer than i thought.
The 68-72 A- Body kit was one of the kits we've re-designed, the engine was sitting back too far and hitting the a/c (exactly what you ran into). Now the kit clears the a/c box, it also now uses the CTS-V oil pan which sits flush with the bottoom of the k-member. Give me a call or send me a PM with your information and I'll get the frame mounts and engine mounts swapped out for you.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:11 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

When will the in-frame S-10 long tubes be available for sale?

Quick Reply: BRP Conversion Kit Updates