Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Stupid T-top seal

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 06:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Stupid T-top seal

Well up until 3 days ago ive been trouble free... Took my tops off 3 days ago and have been having rain the past 2 days and not where the front of the T-top seal overlaps the one of the car im getting water dripping. Could it be the T-top drain could be clogged or is this somthing that happens? Ive been plagued with G-bodys with leaky T-tops and was glad to have this car troublefree. This is so frustrating, came out to the car this morn to have a small puddle around the seat back adjuster. I want this **** to stop now! help!
Old 09-28-2010, 06:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

on a side note I just went out and opened the pass side and then looked at the pass side and it seems like when locking the drivers side it has signifigantly less force required to lock it. Im thinking it may need to be adjusted a hair to give more downward pressure.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem start on my 95 Trans Am. after i took the tops off. but my latches was pretty tight already. so i Just went out and bought new ones. there not cheap at all. lol. i would try adjusting them first. if it dosent work. your gonna have to bight the bullet and spring for new ones. but worth it. when i compare the new ones to my old set, it is like night and day.