PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wiring on swap....

Old 09-28-2010, 07:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring on swap....

i have a question i dont know much about wiring lol, im doing a ls1/th400 swap in a 68 chevy.. using the harness out of a 99. what do you have to do to eliminate all the wires im not going to use? i saw something about pin outs or something but i cant find it again. starting swap his weekend. thanks for any help.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:48 PM
Teching In

http://www.lt1swap.com/wiringharness.htm
Old 09-29-2010, 12:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kaotic_ws6
i have a question i dont know much about wiring lol, im doing a ls1/th400 swap in a 68 chevy.. using the harness out of a 99. what do you have to do to eliminate all the wires im not going to use? i saw something about pin outs or something but i cant find it again. starting swap his weekend. thanks for any help.
The easiest and cheapest way is using the harness and PCM from the same vehicle year and model the engine came of. You also need the fuse box

You can leave the harness as-is (hiding the sections you won't use), or you can go the hard way modifying it to eliminate all the wires you don't need (You need to dissasemble all the harness then rebuild it again. A lot of work but is better).
Either way will work the same.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:46 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MontecarloDrag
The easiest and cheapest way is using the harness and PCM from the same vehicle year and model the engine came of. You also need the fuse box

You can leave the harness as-is (hiding the sections you won't use), or you can go the hard way modifying it to eliminate all the wires you don't need (You need to dissasemble all the harness then rebuild it again. A lot of work but is better).
Either way will work the same.
it will be straight out of the same car... so i should be good then? all those wires not used wont throw offf the engine?
Old 09-29-2010, 08:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kaotic_ws6
it will be straight out of the same car... so i should be good then? all those wires not used wont throw offf the engine?
No, they won't as long as everything is properly wired and all the sensors and signals the PCM needs are ok.

It's just aesthetic

Search this Thread