Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car stalls when clutch is engaged or sometimes when car stops

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 12:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car stalls when clutch is engaged or sometimes when car stops

I have a 1999 Trans Am w/ h/c/i/e and a efilive tune. This car has gotten so many new parts trying to fix this issue. I replaced the fuel filter and pump and it drove great for a little while. Then it started to drop @ idle just a little after letting off the gas. Now, it is back to it's original self and it stalled on me at a busy 4-way intersection last night. That's the last straw! This is not working out with a baby due in 2 months. I have no codes, so what in the hell is it? I have a 99 Z28 pcm to replace the one I have because For some reason it's like my car loses it's tune after a short while of driving. Skip shift comes back on (it was tuned out) and the fuel mixture turns rich because i can smell it. Does anyone have pics of how the pcm ground is routed and where they are? I will try to do it myself. Any help appreciated. Is this a fried pcm or what?
Old 09-29-2010, 02:38 PM
11 Second Club

What does this have to do with dynamometer results and comparisons?
Old 09-29-2010, 04:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MikeG
What does this have to do with dynamometer results and comparisons?
Nothing at all. I am sure it will be moved soon.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:39 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

To me it sounds like you need a new tune. If there are no codes being thrown its kind of hard to assume you are having a sensor issue. I have no idea why the PCM would be losing its tune every couple of weeks. I have never seen that before. I would try the new PCM you have with a fresh tune and go from there.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks john, since out of all the posts you actually contributed to my issue. Since I have had this problem losing my TUNE parameters after getting a TUNE, I figured I could post here. If you don't have the authority to kick my thread out, then please stfu and let the moderators handle it thanks. To John, when the car starts acting wierd, it seems to lose features once it runs for a while. like when i start it up, it's fine. runs strong and everything. afterwhile, my skip shift comes on, my car doesn't go straight to idle, it drops maybe 500rpm then goes to 900, the exhaust starts to smell a little different.

Quick Reply: Car stalls when clutch is engaged or sometimes when car stops