PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who has been tuned by livernoise motorsports??

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 07:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default who has been tuned by livernoise motorsports??

I spoke with livernoise today and the guy was real short with me. If i asked a question,he didn't seen to want to talk and was a cocky sounding ***. He was not the tuner,but getting info was like asking him if i could do his wife.
So,if you have been tuned there how does your car run on the street and perform at the track. Was they cool and seemed to know what they were doing with LS type motors? Any info on them would be great. Thanks Mike.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mike,
Have you ever called Stan Boyd over at EVI? Engineered Victories over on Irish and Atherton? Stan build fast stuff and good quality. Worth a shot.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:24 PM
10 Second Club

No sir! I will not let him touch my car. Not even going to go into it.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:13 AM
11 Second Club

Ok, just checking.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't had anything done by them but have friends that had their cars tuned there (ford's and mopar's though) and they only have good things to say. Only bad side is they aren't cheap but from what I know, probably the most well known place around metro detroit. Maybe the guy was having a bad day...?
Old 09-30-2010, 01:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mike c.
I spoke with livernoise today and the guy was real short with me. If i asked a question,he didn't seen to want to talk and was a cocky sounding ***. He was not the tuner,but getting info was like asking him if i could do his wife.
So,if you have been tuned there how does your car run on the street and perform at the track. Was they cool and seemed to know what they were doing with LS type motors? Any info on them would be great. Thanks Mike.
goodluck with them.. I have heard more bad than good. go with your gut..

how would you feel talking to that guy while he had posession of your car? (and creating untold charges they will try to get you to pay later?)
Old 09-30-2010, 03:39 PM
10 Second Club

I don't know how easy or hard tuning is. Stan boyd....hell no. Livernoise,the fact they tune fords and others makes me wonder how well they know the LS base motors. If something happens to my block,it will cost me $6,000 to replace what i have. I want to avoid that. They did tell me tuning starts at $650 and up to $1,000. Thanks for the feed back guys.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ouch....can you track Greg Banish down...does he live in Detroit area?
Old 10-01-2010, 06:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by A_VAS
he runs calibrated success, if you google that i'm sure you will find his webpage, he is in the detroit area.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:11 AM
TECH Addict

I don't know how easy or hard tuning is. Stan boyd....hell no. Livernoise,the fact they tune fords and others makes me wonder how well they know the LS base motors. If something happens to my block,it will cost me $6,000 to replace what i have. I want to avoid that. They did tell me tuning starts at $650 and up to $1,000. Thanks for the feed back guys.
Yea thats a lot. If I were you I would go to Vector Motorsports in Clinton Township. They know LS engines very well & they are the most reasonable, $450.

I think at one time he had a tuning shop in the Detroit area but not so sure he still does. From what I heard he knows tuning very well & gives classes on it, somewhere in Florida.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:29 AM
TECH Resident

$650-1K...NO f'n way i would ever pay that.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=flintwrench69;13938569]Yea thats a lot. If I were you I would go to Vector Motorsports in Clinton Township. They know LS engines very well & they are the most reasonable, $450.

Vector Motorsports is the way to go.Talk to Kirk He knows how to tune LS based engines.I would Not Use Greg Bannish ,In 03 he screwed up my Car and Kirk had to fix it!I hope he has learned how to tune LS engines since then.He was a Good Ford tuner I know that.....As far as Livernois goes I have Heard nothing but bad and they bought out Greg Bannish....
Old 10-02-2010, 11:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Vector is an option, as are C.A.R.S.(a guy named sean) and also look into Stenod performance. Call around and see who is the most knowledgable and responsive to answering your questions....I too will be looking into this over the winter, as i would like to do a few things, and have the car tuned before next summer.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:20 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Mike,

Let's just put it this way...Dan Millen (Livernois' tuner) knows far more than both us of ...and everyone else in this thread combined when talking about any mod motor, SBF, SBC, any LSx platform, etc. He's tuned well over a thousand LSx cars by now I'm sure and he's owned quite a few of them too.
Here's a few of his personal vehicles off the top of my head:

Turbo Escalade
G8 GXP
C6
Yellow C6

500hp C5
Centrifugal supercharged Denali (Vortech as I recall)

Keep in mind that Dan is not just the tuner. He's co-owner and he's involved
in far more than just tuning cars. He's been in this game for 18 years now and he's been winning races (and races series) at every level since then.

They do a tremendous amount of GM stuff now. I would bet that the majority of work they do now is LSx based...or at least very close to 50/50. Here's a good example:

All of my cars are tuned by Dan at Livernois and they all run great at WOT and at part throttle.

They did tell me tuning starts at $650 and up to $1,000. Thanks for the feed back guys.
Who told you that?
Old 10-02-2010, 01:25 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You can't be serious? I suggest you do a little research.
I wouldn't let Greg tune a piano. He is a huge part of the reason why Livernois
used to have tuning problems years ago.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by unit213
LOL Thank you 213 I rest my case
Old 10-02-2010, 09:39 PM
TECH Addict

Mike,

Let's just put it this way...Dan Millen (Livernois' tuner) knows far more than both us of ...and everyone else in this thread combined when talking about any mod motor, SBF, SBC, any LSx platform, etc. He's tuned well over a thousand LSx cars by now I'm sure and he's owned quite a few of them too.
Here's a few of his personal vehicles off the top of my head:

Turbo Escalade
G8 GXP
C6
Yellow C6

500hp C5
Centrifugal supercharged Denali (Vortech as I recall)

Keep in mind that Dan is not just the tuner. He's co-owner and he's involved
in far more than just tuning cars. He's been in this game for 18 years now and he's been winning races (and races series) at every level since then.

They do a tremendous amount of GM stuff now. I would bet that the majority of work they do now is LSx based...or at least very close to 50/50. Here's a good example:

All of my cars are tuned by Dan at Livernois and they all run great at WOT and at part throttle.

Who told you that?
So if thats wrong what does Livernois usually get for a tune on a basic heads cam car?

If thats how they acted then it doesnt sound like a place I wanna take my car to.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea, not a piano for sure.. but a car, anytime, anywhere.. the guy knows what he is doing
Old 10-05-2010, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

I was looking for a tuner for my bolt on ws6 as well and called livernois, same attitude, same response as op got, and same price $650. I repeat bolt on ws6!!

Some people recommended Vector to me and I am glad i went there! Paid $445 Steve tuned my car to a tee. They have excellent customer service and I can actually TRUST them with my car and know that it is in good hands when they work on it. You know how some shops could care less about "attention-to-detail" but not Vector. They have me for good, seriously!
Old 10-06-2010, 10:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gohard
I was looking for a tuner for my bolt on ws6 as well and called livernois, same attitude, same response as op got, and same price $650. I repeat bolt on ws6!!

Some people recommended Vector to me and I am glad i went there! Paid $445 Steve tuned my car to a tee. They have excellent customer service and I can actually TRUST them with my car and know that it is in good hands when they work on it. You know how some shops could care less about "attention-to-detail" but not Vector. They have me for good, seriously!
Was that just a cal, or was there dyno tuning involved?

Quick Reply: who has been tuned by livernoise motorsports??