Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mls head gasket question

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 01:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default mls head gasket question

im building a turbo engine, stock ls1 bore, 317 heads and i was wanting to use ls9 or 6.0 mls's. the pistons are pretty much flat top diamonds 11500 (yeah i know not the best for a turbo build but i got a good deal on them) anyone know about what compression ill be running? according to the diamond website its like 9.6 if my memory serves correct, but is that with the mls gaskets? and will the mls's take the compression down any? also can i get the chambers ported to make lower compression? and last dumbass question what kind of boost could i run with say 9.4/1 compression? stock crank, callies compstar rods
Old 09-30-2010, 01:42 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RNation0001
im building a turbo engine, stock ls1 bore, 317 heads and i was wanting to use ls9 or 6.0 mls's. the pistons are pretty much flat top diamonds 11500 (yeah i know not the best for a turbo build but i got a good deal on them) anyone know about what compression ill be running?
high 9's sounds about right.

according to the diamond website its like 9.6 if my memory serves correct, but is that with the mls gaskets?
MLS has same height as normal gaskets once crushed, no loss in compression there.

and will the mls's take the compression down any? also can i get the chambers ported to make lower compression?
No

and last dumbass question what kind of boost could i run with say 9.4/1 compression? stock crank, callies compstar rods
Really depends on IAT's, gas, etc.