Sponsored by:

Pro-Flo xt stiin on my 39

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 06:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro-Flo xt stiin on my 39

Hey,
Just got this in the mail last Friday to add a little height & performance to my LS1 39 sedan project. Don't know how many of these are out there yet but it sure fits this engine compartment well. I think I have room for 1 more on top of it. Still need a cam, pushrods, springs and accessory drive to get it going.
Oh , and a wiring harness too.
Attached Thumbnails Pro-Flo xt stiin on my 39-manifoldpic.jpg  
Old 09-30-2010, 06:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 79 Likes on 67 Posts

The intake looks great, but what the heck happened to your water pump???
Old 09-30-2010, 08:09 PM
Teching In

It got squished a bit in the vette it came out of, so it's on the list of things to get. Water pumps aren't very exciting though so it has been bumped in favor of other things. Probably a 90mm tbody next. Wouldn't mind getting a decent slightly used one if the price is right.
Lots of things getting changed this time around. It had an ugly glass dash so I am working on a 40 dash and designing up a new gauge panel to look somewhere between a standard & deluxe with electronic guts. Also going back to a windshield in the original frame chopped down and some Radir cast center wheels to go with the wide whites upstairs. I have 2 cnc's here so I can make some cool parts when I have the time. Any other 39 or 40 projects out there ?
Old 10-01-2010, 06:07 AM
On The Tree

The intake looks good, just a little info here if you didnt know, the early release of this intake had a proprietary bolt pattern for the throttle body, check your part number or borrow someones 90mm to see how bolt pattern measures up. If I remember corectly the newer ones had a multi pattern setup on there. I have the early setup and just havent got around to installing it yet on my 48. Like your setup I could put a blower on it and still have plenty of room on top for another unit.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:12 AM
Teching In

Good looking project! I really like the looks of that intake. I really like the height of my truck engine intake, but man the thing sure is ugly. I'm going to have to go with an LS1 intake for now, already gone over-budget for this year...
Old 10-01-2010, 10:41 AM
Teching In

It does have the 3 bolt stock-type and a 2 4 bolt patterns which must fit at least the Edelbrock bodies. I can adapt if needed. I haven't spent much time looking at the paperwork yet. I can't wait to see what this is like compared to the 400SBC that was in before this. I'm expecting major driveability & power differences. I can put the 3.70 posi back in now with the OD.
Fusebox has to move from right to left, shorten some wiring & lengthen some. The ARH headers fit pretty nicely. They really tuck up close since I clipped out what was left of the x tying into the clip. I added a really stout center 2 x 5 crossmember/driveshaft loop to stiffen it all up last year. Exhaust goes thru it.
I have a rear steer Camaro clip and so I bought Camaro headers. Steering box is pretty close but a couple well placed dings will fix that. Would be nice to do the rack n pinion conversion but that's another $8-900. The distance from the box to end of column is close enough that they pushed the end of the column back to get a better u-joint angle so there is a 2" tall round tube on the floorboard for the bottom of the column to mount to.
Makes the brake pedal snake around a bit. Oh well, 1 thing at a time. I need to go hunting for some accys to bolt up & see if they fit. Then a cam, etc.
It's only $$$ right ? And we all have it falling out of our pockets
Old 10-01-2010, 10:49 AM
Teching In

Oh, and thanks LS1 coupe for the info on the tbody. Always nice to know what others have found out the hard way. I am fairly new to DIY EFI, have had a few rods and about 70 plus cars but mostly carb'ed.
The ****** in my sig I built all myself but couldn't get the thing to fire up with the startup program I was given. Had to take it in & have someone who knew much more than I get it runnin. Between the Accell Gen 7 and the MSD 10 and all the other stuff I didn't know where to look. Hopefully this one will be easier. I haven't decided if getting a rough preprogram on the ECU when I send it in to Speartech for a wire harness is worth it or just bring it down and let em tune it from scratch. Probably better to get the Speartech program to get it close.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:30 PM
Teching In

I know this thread has long been dead... just wanted to know how that intake manifold worked out for ya. I have been looking for stuff to do to my truck and these manifolds look like they could have enough height to clear the factory accessories on the 5.3 truck motors.

if you wanted to include some pics of the project i'm sure i'm not the only one who would enjoy seeing how it all turned out!

thanks

Quick Reply: Pro-Flo xt stiin on my 39