LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

low rpm misfire

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 10:06 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default low rpm misfire

well i am on the eastern coast so we got all that rain. while driving through all the rather large puddles i was fine and then eventually i had a slight miss, a bucking if you will. it cleared up after driving awhile and then after running through more lakes it shows up again. rain stopped and it was dry this morning. still got a miss in sixth on the highway, can't really tell or feel it in other gears. not even in fifth.

i'm hoping it was just my wires getting wet and no burning, or maybe a little moisture in the opti that will dry out over a few days.

what do you guys think? i did just get headers and OTVC setup put on, so maybe something is loose. i looked at the wires and they look fine.

any good ideas to keep the water from coming up in my !@#$ and hitting my ignition? i had to take off the splash guards because the tires rubbed them.

thanks guys.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:56 AM
Launching!

could it have to do with me not tuning egr out? i read somewhere that it can cause problems if it isn't tuned out. that wouldn't make too much sense though since it started during the rain and the days leading up to it it was fine.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:46 PM
On The Tree

I have the same problem, but no rain here in AZ, my car mises from idle to 1500 rpm, I've heard in a couple of places about the EGR being the problem,but never really worked on it, I'm thinking about getting some tuning software and try to fixed it that way, btw my old car did the same thing a while after I installed the LT's and deleted the EGR and this it just happened after installing LT's too...
Old 10-02-2010, 04:16 PM
On The Tree

hey man just FYI I just scanned the car and it said low tps voltage, so new TPS should do the trick

EDIT: new TPS didn't do ****

Last edited by gorge; 10-02-2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Any updates? Having similar problems along with code #16
Old 10-06-2010, 02:39 PM
TECH Addict

are you guys getting the random multiple miss code? i get the same thing. Cylinder 4 and 6 are missing.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:53 PM
Launching!

well i let my mechanic look at it. i noticed #1 spark plug was loose, so i hand tightened it. i asked him to look at it and he says a few were loose.

hopefully that fixes it. getting my borla welded up tomorrow and waiting for kit from solomon to get tuned and i'll let you know how i'm doing.

gonna go to the track tonight too if it isn't misfiring, mods in sig. hoping low 13s if i can launch right. second time out to the strip ever lol.

check your plugs gorge.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:54 PM
On The Tree

thanks!! I'm getting new wires, but I just found that my fuel pressure is 33psi at idle and 38psi reving the engine, I disconected the vacuum line and the pressure jumped to 40psi and stays there, and the car is runnig a lil bit better with the vacuum line unpluged, so you might want to check that
Old 10-06-2010, 09:05 PM
On The Tree

so just found out, fuel pump it is

Quick Reply: low rpm misfire