Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In a jam!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 07:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default In a jam!!

So I had a LS2 witth Maggy 112 on it. I spun a bearing a re-did the whole motor. Now it has a new Maggy 2300, Trickflow heads, blower cam, 70lb injectors, etc. The orignal company that built the engine and provided the tune password protected the ECM. I asked them to remove the password, which they did but then just put a basic tune on it, which is set for 60lb injectors. So the car will start but of course is lean and runs like crap, I cant drive it like this. The ECM is a MEFI 4 so not many local dyno shops work with that. The closest is about 3 hours away and they real know their shat. I was planning on taking it to them after I drove it for a while for break in but now I either have to tow it to them or find a mail order tune that will get me by. Anyone know of one that I could use? Any other ideas? Thanks
Old 10-02-2010, 09:17 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Do you have the old 60lb injectors that you could swap
back on, for temporary?
Old 10-02-2010, 12:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the tune is set for 60lb injectors and you are running 70s it should be really rich not lean.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jimmyblue
Do you have the old 60lb injectors that you could swap
back on, for temporary?
No, I wish.

the more I think about it, even if I buy the software like Mefiburn I am not a tuner and will risk blowing the motor. I can get a flat bed for free so paying for the right tune seems to be my best bet.