Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with common trouble codes LS3/92 into 68 camaro

Old 10-02-2010, 11:14 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with common trouble codes LS3/92 into 68 camaro

Newbie here. If anyone can help with fixes on the codes, it would be a great help.

I have 6 codes I need to address.

One is the back up tail lights which are on a manual switch not via the ECM, so I need to turn this system off. P0650

Another easy one is the Vintage Air conditioning clutch relay control circuit which is not operated by the ECM, its just manual, again, need to turn this off, somehow on the E38.
P0645 air

T42 TCM is throwing P0787, shift timing solenoid low. Could this be due to my mods on the tach output? I changed it from 6 to 9 on the software to make the old stock tach read.

P0050 O2s Heater control circuit bank two sensor 1

P0171 Fuel trim system lean bank 1
P0174 Fuel trim system lean bank 2

Some of this due to my inability to calibrate the o2 sensors??

Thanks guys. ANY help appreciated.!
Old 10-02-2010, 12:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 68Problemchild
Newbie here. If anyone can help with fixes on the codes, it would be a great help.

I have 6 codes I need to address.

One is the back up tail lights which are on a manual switch not via the ECM, so I need to turn this system off. P0650

Another easy one is the Vintage Air conditioning clutch relay control circuit which is not operated by the ECM, its just manual, again, need to turn this off, somehow on the E38.
P0645 air

T42 TCM is throwing P0787, shift timing solenoid low. Could this be due to my mods on the tach output? I changed it from 6 to 9 on the software to make the old stock tach read.

P0050 O2s Heater control circuit bank two sensor 1

P0171 Fuel trim system lean bank 1
P0174 Fuel trim system lean bank 2

Some of this due to my inability to calibrate the o2 sensors??

Thanks guys. ANY help appreciated.!
Did you get your ECM flashed or tuned? If you are trying to tune it yourself, what program are you using? EFI Live, HP Tuners etc...?

The p0171 and p0174 is probbly due to a dirty or not cleaned throttle body or MAF...... I had the p0171 before..... I took some throttle body spray cleaner, and removed the MAF and sprayed it and cleaned it.... Making sure not to damage the thin wire receptors inside the the MAF that read the temps..... I also cleaned the carbon I had inside the lip of the TB... You don't have to remove the TB, just take a toothbrush or clean rag, and clean any carbon around the lip making sure you do not damage the blade inside the TB or push on it hard to damage it. After I did this I unplugged the neg cable on the battery for 10 mins and the codes and MIL check engine light went away...

The MAF location can affect it, and also make sure you are getting the correct fuel pressure. What kind of Fuel regulator are you using....?

Sounds like you need a tune...
Old 10-02-2010, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

Thanks. The tune is custom for the cam but I just started the motor for the first time.

EFI live. Did a full flash.

How do you tell if the O2 wide band is working?
Old 10-02-2010, 06:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks. The tune is custom for the cam but I just started the motor for the first time.

EFI live. Did a full flash.

How do you tell if the O2 wide band is working?

I have dealt with HP tuners only, your best bet is to post in the PCM diagnostic tunning section...

Who did your original flash?

Last edited by bozzhawg; 10-02-2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:11 PM
On The Tree

Geoff at Engine Power systems.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Geoff at Engine Power systems.
Did you tell him what you wanted to keeo and get rid off...? Thats why I reccomend a dyno tune locally unless you live out in the wood etc.....

The mail order tunes I will never do again, I did one and it was a waste, too many problems.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help with common trouble codes LS3/92 into 68 camaro