Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake manifold options...

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 08:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intake manifold options...

Just got an LS6 long block from SDPC. So I'm going to need an intake.

The FAST stuff is a little too pricey for me and i'm not building an engine that would actually use the amount of air flow they're capable of. So i've been search around and I've found a few more options. Holley, BBK, and Professional Products all have a manifold based on the stock design. Anyone have any experiance with these? I'll even take "I heard from a guy..." stuff.

I've also come across the Edelbrock Pro-Flo intake. Cool looking design, little different. Any word on these? I'm building this for my Trans Am that I use to road race, in case that would really matter.

Thanks guys.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Short answer;

FAST = most expencive, most power, gains power through the RPM range ~15hp over LS6

LS6 best on a $300 budget

All other standard aftermarket = basically same results as LS6 but more expencive

Edelbrock Pro flow = loses 25-30lbft of tq low and mid range because its a sheet metal intake thats been cast. Gains 10-15 over LS6 after 5500+ RPM.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kmspruill242
Just got an LS6 long block from SDPC. So I'm going to need an intake.

The FAST stuff is a little too pricey for me and i'm not building an engine that would actually use the amount of air flow they're capable of. So i've been search around and I've found a few more options. Holley, BBK, and Professional Products all have a manifold based on the stock design. Anyone have any experiance with these? I'll even take "I heard from a guy..." stuff.

I've also come across the Edelbrock Pro-Flo intake. Cool looking design, little different. Any word on these? I'm building this for my Trans Am that I use to road race, in case that would really matter.

Thanks guys.
Pretty much what the other guy said.

I think the LS6 mani works darn well the stock cam. Maybe a ported TB and a nice underdrive balancer if you haven't done those yet. You'll get better fuel economy and add some power.