Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headers/cam replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 12:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face headers/cam replacement

Hey guys my car is gonna be parked this winter so i figured it would be the best time to do this. i want to put hooker or pacesetter headers with a offroad Y pipe and cutout in and a cam...i dont have much hands on experience but id really like to do this myself...ill let my mechanic put the stall in but i was wondering if there was any write ups with pictures for this type of project. and if you have to take the engine out to replace the cam then ill just take it to my mechanic i guess.. after its all done ill do a mail order tune. THANKS GUYS
Old 10-03-2010, 02:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the engine can stay in the car when swapping cams.one site to go to for instructions is ls1howto.com,or installuniversity.com.also install new polly motor mounts before installing headers.go to TSP and look at cam kits,cam/springs/push rods.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah what he said. Also on this exact section there is a guy named caseypyran that is installing a cam check out his post and just search really. This forum has EVERYTHING but its all in the matter of looking.