Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Heated Seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 11:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heated Seats

I added heated seats to my drivers seat last weekend and WOW! That is a cool mod! The Kit I used was the same one Fast Toy's sells with hi/low settings. I was expecting to remove the seat and take it into a trim shop for the install, but within an hour I was bolting the thing back in the car. The only thing I messed up was the little **** on the back for tilting the seat forward. I could not figure how to get it off without partially distroying it. I figure its just a couple of bucks at the dealer. Taking apart the seat was easy. If you have been thinking about adding it, do it!
Old 01-29-2004, 11:49 AM
TECH Resident

Good to hear...I was wondering how difficult it would be to install that. How are the high and low settings, are they comfortable settings?
Old 01-29-2004, 12:16 PM
Launching!

Is there a kit that will add both heating and cooling (by adding a fan in the seat and back)?
Old 01-29-2004, 01:01 PM
Teching In

Thumbs up

Sidewayz0Z, I have a 99 SS with power drivers seat. I un-bolted the seat from the power seat railing and seat controls then unbolted the seat back from the seat bottom. After that, you have plastic slides on the seat cover that hooks to the seat frame, you just unhook them and start peeling the cover off. The cover is somewhat attached to the foam by velcro glued to the foam. You trim the heating pad to fit between the velcro and poke a small hole in the rear of the pad for the wire to go through and remove the peel the tape strips on the heating pad and slap it on the foam. Use some of the extra tape (provided) to secure the rest of the pad and your ready to put the cover back on. Then the back cushion just requires you to remove that **** before peeling the cover back. I still don't see how you are supposed to remove the **** without distroying it, but it can't be much at the dealer. The back was about the same process except I had to cut the length down about 4 inches to clear the horizontal piece of velcro towards the upper part of the seat. Ran all the wires down the console side of the seat. You have to un-bolt the rest of the seat railing to run the rest of the harness under the carpet to the console area. I drilled a 3/4" hole in my upper console for the switch and grounded the harness on the neutral safety switch screw. I still have to finish the wiring but I'm using the cig lighter for my power until I hook it into a switched 12 volt source.

PFDarkside. The kit I used was a carbon fiber heating element and does not have fans. I saw the ad for that kit and was a little leary. It sounded way more complicated. This kit was OEM quality with several connectors. It heats both high and low both settings are comfortable and even better on those cold days

Last edited by LS1thunder; 01-29-2004 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-29-2004, 03:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS1thunder
PFDarkside. The kit I used was a carbon fiber heating element and does not have fans. I saw the ad for that kit and was a little leary. It sounded way more complicated.
Link?
Old 01-29-2004, 03:45 PM
Teching In

http://www.fasttoys.net/9398fbodyframes.html Interior/Exterior tab then to the bottom.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:34 PM
TECH Resident

Being that I'm currently freezing my @$$ off in Maryland, I think I'm going to order these.