Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need LM7 help? Running very strange in Jeep

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 02:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need LM7 help? Running very strange in Jeep

I am more of a lurker then poster but Im stumped with the problem my LM7 5.3 is having in my jeep. It starts easier with the fuel pump off then it does with the pump on. If I start it with the pump off and after it starts flip the fuel pump on it will flood itself out terrible. I can clean it out by reving it up and once its cleaned out it runs perfect for as long as I want. I can let it idle for 45 min and jump in it and it rev fast smooth and quick. But if I shut it off and start it, it floods out again and I have to clean it out. I put brand new plugs, wires,fuel pressure regulator on it. Im running 6AN lines to and from the fuel rail. Im getting fuel returning to my fuel cell no problem. Im running the front 02's and no MAF. Wiring harness was done by wait4meperformance and computer was tuned by lt1swap.com. I bought this motor from a friend of mine who had it in the 69 suburban and it ran perfect in his, didnt have the problem I have. Im even running the exact same MSD fuel pump that he ran. Here is a video of the jeep when its been cleaned out and running great. Wondering if anyone has any ideas what could be my problem? Thanks alot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIaXjfu7-ZY
Old 10-06-2010, 11:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone think this could be running this way from a bad engine temp sensor?