Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

drifter on LS1Tech?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 10:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drifter on LS1Tech?!

Hey guys,

My name is Sam and I'm from the Minneapolis /St. paul area.

I really want to gather as much knowledge on here as possible for my build this winter. I don't drag much, but I'm really into drifting, and strangely enough, thats what brings me here..

Long story short, on my 3rd engine in my ricer. I keep upgrading to better Japanese turbo engines, but the lack of torque just isnt cutting it.

Just got done with my recent build, hit the track twice and came to the conclusion that I need an LS1/LS2 or LS6.... So as soon as my skyline swap sells I plan on being LS powered!

http://www.facebook.com/papajiggy?v=...v=108944974371

Last year vs. this year (comparison)

So any help in the future would be greatly appreciated.

I'll post a build thread if anyone is interested in seeing how much work we have put into her. But damn it! I cant wait for the LS action!
Old 10-07-2010, 03:29 PM
Staging Lane

damn ,you must have some fun in that car!Good decision going LS power,you won't regret it! I for sure want 2 see some videos.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:18 PM

A nice TVS Charged 383 would have a good amount of torque..But yeah that s15(?) is nice looking.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:41 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude, he won't need all that. There is a guy here in Nashville that has an old 240 drift ***** with a stock perimeter bolt motor in it and it'll do everything they want. A simple H/C/I/E LS engine will do as much as any drifter needs. If you want to check out his 240, look here :http://www.tennspeed.net/forums/show...ight=track.one. Good luck with your build.