LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Jasper Transmission Warranty Claim for GXP

Old 10-06-2010, 04:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jasper Transmission Warranty Claim for GXP

Has anyone on this forum dealt with Jasper when one of their tranny's fails?

Bought one at 56k mi. and its dead at 80k...

what REALLY bothers me, is that I cant get the car back to the garage that installed it. So now, I have to pay the new garage after the new tranny gets installed because Jasper labels it as 3rd party.

Then I have to wait for Jasper to reimburse me after evaluation. What keeps them from coming back and saying it's my fault?

seems bogus to me....
Old 10-06-2010, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have not dealt with this yet but i will need to soon as my jasper trans is going out and its only been about 13-14k. from what i have heard it that you should take it to a jasper dealer and they will do all the paper work and everything so you wont have to want to be reimbursed. as long as the trans does not so signs of abuse. hope this helps
Old 10-07-2010, 07:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Abuse in a performance car?
Thats subjective and they can win every time.
Ive been thru this with GM warranty on GTP 3 times.
Take all the mods off before it goes in to shop.
First install I had on GM reman was a friends performance shop.
He was cool with handling the extended warranty with the claims guy,
had the car up in the air with trans out and guy could only see exhaust upgrades.
He had another car in there for warranty claim and told them to rub the shoe polish off the windows before the claims adjuster got there, HA.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Teching In

25k mi. on my Jasper....

Interesting enough, I called Jasper last night and was told some of these tranny's had defective filters. The filter lining was breaking down and clogging pumps, servo's, etc.

I took my car to a "preferred installer" thinking the payments would be waived....

What it comes down to is, the tranny is replaced at no charge. What I have to cover is parts and labor until Jasper gets the trans, and evaluates it.

If you also run into a Jasper failure, make sure you follow thier fluid service requirement after the install, or you can kiss the warranty good bye.... tell them you changed the fluids before it was required.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

when is it required?
Old 10-08-2010, 05:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Hawkins04
when is it required?
First fluid change, 5k miles.... keep your reciept too....
Old 10-08-2010, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok thanks i was never told that when they did it and i kept everything
Old 01-27-2011, 09:48 PM
Teching In

Angry

Not sure where you are with your claim but based on my experience with Jasper, you may be dealing with them even if you started your claim in October... I have no experience with Jasper transmissions but want to share my experience with their engines... First engine started with heavy valve train noise from the first start of the engine when I picked it up at the shop that did replace the engine... I immediately reported this to the shop that contacted Jasper... They say, no worry this is normal, will disapear and if not, call back after 500 miles... Can tell you that the valve noise was everything but normal... Took 2 months of arguing, dropping my car for some funy tests before I get really Jasper attention. So, they tell me to bring my car at one of their prefered installers 20 miles far from home. When I got there, the shop owner didn't look so happy but told me to leave the car and that he will talk to Jasper. Then, every time I was calling, he gave me the runaround... One week of rental car after, I just confronted the guy and asked what was going on? After hesitating, he told me that Jasper didn't wanted to pay him for labor so he would not take care of my car... I had an interesting conversation with Jasper that gave me the runaround again... The good thing is that while I was having the conversations with Jasper, one of the head gaskets gave up (1000 Miles on the new(?) engine). So now, I'm really getting serious on the phone with the guy at Jasper and he agrees to replace the engine. He tried to pull the trick about me having to pay until they "inspect" the returned engine but he finally gave up after some interesting conversations... I took my car back to the original shop and Jasper sent another engine... With the oil pan completelly bumped... So, the shop called Jasper that agreed to ship another oil pan. But the guy at Jasper "forgot" to ship it for 3 days until we called back... Where this gets interesting, is that my oil pressure is now dropping to the point that the "Check Gauges" light turns on at idle. That's with the "new" engine after 800 miles... This is going to be fun again... BTW: forgot to mention that before the first engine blew a head gasket at 1000 Miles, the main rear engine seal broke at 200 miles, the oil pan gasket started leaking, the valve train never stop being noysi and the idle was a disaster... I would not recomend to my worst ennemy to buy ANYTHING from Jasper... Even a fork... STAY AWAY!!! From the conversations with the support guy at Jasper, I can tell you that this was not an unusual situation and he was highly experienced giving you the runaround and trying to make you give up.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea never buy anything from Jasper i never had anything good come from installing a Jasper anything at the shop just have someone rebuild it or call tep it is stupid cheap to ship a trans freight

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Jasper Transmission Warranty Claim for GXP