Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which flows better?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 08:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which flows better?

Hey guys, i got a question about which exhaust to pick. I know that how they sound is more a personal thing, so what im gonna ask is which exhaust has good flow and which is built well (have some mufflers that rattle after awhile...even a borla). I was thinkin either magnaflow or hooker. I was in that LS1 sound site and narrowed it down to those to. The only thing i dont like about the magnaflow is alittle raspy up high. I think the hooker one is cool but does it flow good and made of good quality stuff?
Old 01-29-2004, 08:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hooker's good. Pretty much all aftermarket exhausts flow real well. Excluding Blowmaster. It all comes down to personal taste, which you mentioned. So with that said, do a Search. This subject has been discussed a million times. That would be your best bet. Good luck!! Have fun modding!!
Old 01-29-2004, 08:47 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Kev98Ta
Hooker's good. Pretty much all aftermarket exhausts flow real well. Excluding Blowmaster. It all comes down to personal taste, which you mentioned. So with that said, do a Search. This subject has been discussed a million times. That would be your best bet. Good luck!! Have fun modding!!

agreed

i dont think my magnaflow sounds rasp :shurg:
Old 01-29-2004, 09:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

personally i like a little rasp, gives it that mean sound...but as long as its not excessive and when im backing off the throttle. i have gmmg and my friend has slp loudmouth, they flow great and sound sooooo awesome. if u want loud dont get hooker, my friend has one on his TA with no cats and its pretty quiet. but it does sound really good.