LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

its rotor time!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 12:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default its rotor time!

so im at 78,000 miles and i need new rotors now. i know alot of people have complained alot about stock rotors. but i had no problem. now i really cant decide what i should get. i know for sure i want drilled rotors ( look and performance) , just tell me what brand you all prefer and your experiences. thankyou!
Old 10-09-2010, 02:50 PM
Launching!

I've got the raybestos advanced tech rotors. I'm happy with them. They're drilled.

You can pick them up at rockauto.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

R1 Concept rotors
Old 10-09-2010, 04:48 PM
TECH Regular

I have EBC's and have 6k on them... So far so good... Car squats when you really push hard on the brakes... They are slotted and dimpled, so you will never experience the downside to drilled rotors...
Old 10-10-2010, 03:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DieselPump
I've got the raybestos advanced tech rotors. I'm happy with them. They're drilled.

You can pick them up at rockauto.
And they're painted too!

Bye bye rust.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:06 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GXP25
And they're painted too!

Bye bye rust.
Ya, the majority of the rust doesn't show up like on the oem rotors, but you still get a small ring of it. Leaps and bounds ahead of the oem ones though. Especially on the rear where the rust is usually more visible.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:31 AM
Launching!

Raybestos are decent, but there is a catch with them. I don't know if the problem was ever fixed, but I remeber that raybesto f***ed up their desigen on the front rotors. Stock GXP front rotors have two diffent types of cooling vanes. If I remember they are curved as opposed to the stright vanes in the back. Raybesto relized this so they made different rotors for the front, unfortunetly they casted the front rotors the same, so its like you have two passenger side front rotors. This will cause your front driver side rotor to not cool properly as therefore suffer in performance and wear. However, I have never replaced my O.E.M. rotors yet and used raybestos so I can't comment to what effect this really has if any.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by D J Real
Raybestos are decent, but there is a catch with them. I don't know if the problem was ever fixed, but I remeber that raybesto f***ed up their desigen on the front rotors. Stock GXP front rotors have two diffent types of cooling vanes. If I remember they are curved as opposed to the stright vanes in the back. Raybesto relized this so they made different rotors for the front, unfortunetly they casted the front rotors the same, so its like you have two passenger side front rotors. This will cause your front driver side rotor to not cool properly as therefore suffer in performance and wear. However, I have never replaced my O.E.M. rotors yet and used raybestos so I can't comment to what effect this really has if any.
I believe this was GM's initial "**** up." OEM rotors have the same part number for both driver and passenger in the front.

Now Raybestos is no better for copying the idiotic setup.

Still better rotors as DieselPump points out.