LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

SES light came on for shrt time...and then gone...if I hav Autozon scan will it code?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 01:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SES light came on for shrt time...and then gone...if I hav Autozon scan will it code?

After the SES light came on while on highway driving....I had to get gas..and shut off car....restarted and now the light is gone...I want to catch it tho...cuz it might help with a shuddering problem. Will it still log it ?...and let the de-coder do his job,
Old 10-10-2010, 01:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe it will store a certain amount of codes. I'm not sure how many it will keep in the memory. I know my Aeroforce scan gauge will keep the codes until I clear it out.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The stock pcm will it still have the code if I make it to Autozone for them to scan...even tho the SES light is not on?
Old 10-10-2010, 09:03 AM
TECH Resident

When my EGR was faulty (only code I was getting) sometimes it would come on and then go off, not saying that is what your problem is. Most likely unless the light is on there wont be a code to read. Hopefully you get lucky enough to catch it next time or just buy a reader, think of the gas and time youll save running to the zone or advanced every time to check codes.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thats what I was suspecting....i have a scanner...just not at my house dammit...going to have to ride out again to go get it.. thanks.
looks like it would be pointless to have it scanned....if some1 knows for a fact our PCMs keep all DTC's stored.....please chime in.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Electric Fan code that keeps popping up right now, it isn't a critical code so every time the car shuts down it resets. I may be wrong but that is how I understand it, might be a similar thing in that the code you are getting isn't that bad.

Quick Reply: SES light came on for shrt time...and then gone...if I hav Autozon scan will it code?