Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ProMaroZ's 96 Z28 LS1 Build

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 03:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ProMaroZ's 96 Z28 LS1 Build

I got some work done on the car this weekend, and I am now all amped again, so I will start the thread of the build from where it is now.

It has been a long time coming, but here is what I have got so far. Its a 96 Z28 that i bought as a shell about 6 years ago and have been slowly collecting parts for it. Its still in a lot piece right now. I have a LS1 that I'm going to run a stock bottom end with a Comp cam, Dart Pro 1 heads 225cc, Crane gold 1.8 rockers, Comp lifters, Stainless valves, Edelbrock Step headers, LS2 intake, NX TB and a intercooled Powerdyne supercharger. No, a/c or power steering, and manual brakes with a line lock. I have a built turbo 400 with a 3000 stall, manual valve body, trans brake, and a B&M ratchet shifter. Behind that is a narrowed 9 in. rear end with Moser 31 spline axels, a spool, and a 3.90 gear. It has a full BMR suspension setup and custom sub frame connectors. inside I have a 10 point S&W cage, MOMO wheel, and a firebird dash to hold my Autometer Carbon Fiber gauges and Megan racing seats. I have MT ET streets where the rubber meets the road mounted on Torq Thrust II 4's and 10's. Here is a link to my album with pics of the build:

http://img411.imageshack.us/g/cimg0154.jpg/

I just installed the line lock, proportioning valve, and plumbed most the brakes this last weekend. Here is a pic:

Old 10-12-2010, 07:24 AM
TECH Resident

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Looks like a fun project you've got going there.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:24 AM
On The Tree

Ya its fun, but I'm ready to have it running that's for sure. I got my cage painted today...I'll post some pics soon.
Old 10-17-2010, 12:50 AM
On The Tree

Well, I put a couple more coats of paint on the cage and here is how it turned out:

Old 10-17-2010, 01:07 AM
On The Tree

I noticed I didn't have a pic with the finished rear suspension. The rear end still isn't finish painted. Ill do that for final assembly, since we are still going put a fill cap in it. There is also a drain plug in it,but the panhard bar is blocking the view of it. The only thing not in this pic is the reinforcements for the front LCA Mount that were welded in.

Old 12-05-2010, 03:31 PM
On The Tree

I know its been a while since there has been any updates, but here is a good one. The fuels system and brakes on the rear are plumbed. Also, the rear end painted and bolted in nice and tight.

Here is the top of the fuel tank. A plate was cut out and drilled to attach the fuel level sending unit, the return line, and the vent line. 3/8 brake line was bent and welded into the plate. For the return line, a fuel fitting was drilled to make it slip over the line and seal better, and then it was welded. Then rubber line was used for the vent, with a parts store special filter

The bottom of the tank was drilled for the -10 feed line fitting.

Here it is mounted up with the braided stainless lines attached

A aluminum plate is still being fabricated to mount this stuff on, but here is the battery holder and fuel pump set up

The Aeromotive A1000 fuel pressure regulate mounted with the feed and return line connected

This is the shot of the rear end plumbed with brake line and the filler neck added

I painted my calipers red, and here they are mounted up.

And here it is all done after final assembly of the rear. Sorry the first is a little dark.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:08 PM
On The Tree

Lets have some input...What you guys think?

Quick Reply: ProMaroZ's 96 Z28 LS1 Build