Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

95 Trans Am Questions

Old 10-12-2010, 09:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 95 Trans Am Questions

hi folks..

I am going to have a few questions reguarding my car but my first one.. It may sound dumb as all hell but i want to make it perfect.. I just bought some Trans Am emblems for my doors.. How do i go about putting them on and getting it straight.. I dont want it to be crooked.. So if someone can advise me to get this done right Please let me know.. Thanks in advance..
Old 10-12-2010, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm more of a mechanic than a body guy, but here's my guess:

Measure up from the bottom of the door, in about 3 different locations, and put a piece of tape on there. That should get your emblem straight.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:35 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by eseibel67

Measure up from the bottom of the door, in about 3 different locations, and put a piece of tape on there. That should get your emblem straight.
I tried to be as exact as that when putting the "Ram Air" stickers on my fake WS6 hood but I still got it wrong, lol...
Old 10-13-2010, 05:36 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eseibel67

Yea Im the same.. Im more of a mechanic than a body guy but i can do body work to a certain extent.. I just dont want to screw it up...

I bought ones just like this with backing on them..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993-...Q5fAccessories

Once you remove the backing the letters come off individually and it would be a PITA to get them all on straight and with correct spacing.. So i was thinking layer tape over the top of them and then remove the backing so the tape on top holds them down and then install them.. That should work right?

Search this Thread