Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new to nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 06:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to nitrous

I'm thinking about ordering the 5177 nos kit for my 98 z. is there anything else that i would need to install that's not included in the kit. plus that kit says its got jets for up to 125 hp. is there anyway to go to 150 with this kit. i need it soon b/c some punk i work with is runnin his mouth and wants to race.
Old 01-30-2004, 07:29 PM
Teching In

Purge Kit,Bottle Heater,Remote Opener, and NGK TR6 Plugs=Definites
MicroThrottle Switch, MSD Window Switch, and a reliable tuner to get the optimum performance from LS1 Edit for the system= Depends on cash flow

150? I dont think so with this kit
NX / TNT can get you your 150 though
Old 01-30-2004, 07:43 PM
Teching In

By the way the Fuel Pressure Safety Switch or FPSS as you see on forums is 9 times out of 10 a piece of junk.
Old 01-30-2004, 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

If this is your first time to use/install nitrous this would be a good kit for you to get. It is however only adjustable up to 125 hp, if you wanted to go higher you could buy a larger solenoid and be done with it.

With it being a dry kit you dont really need a purge solenoid but a bottle heater would be nice, especially with as cold as it has been lately. One more thing if you have a manual transmission you should definatly look into getting a window switch for the kit.
Old 01-31-2004, 02:43 AM
Teching In

thanks a lot for the help guys. with a window switch is there anyway i can start the kit in second gear. i'm thinking probably not. and i'm sure i won't be getting any traction in first gear on my stock tires. and i don't won't to go with nittos yet b/c i have stock clutch and rear. how much are purge kits. i'd like to mount on to spray the gay import gay in the face in the lane next to me. will my stock injectors be ok. i have a 98 camaro so my injectors are a little bigger than some newer models. thanks guys. later
Old 01-31-2004, 02:45 AM
Teching In

oh, my car is an m6.

Originally Posted by yourmom
thanks a lot for the help guys. with a window switch is there anyway i can start the kit in second gear. i'm thinking probably not. and i'm sure i won't be getting any traction in first gear on my stock tires. and i don't won't to go with nittos yet b/c i have stock clutch and rear. how much are purge kits. i'd like to mount on to spray the gay import gay in the face in the lane next to me. will my stock injectors be ok. i have a 98 camaro so my injectors are a little bigger than some newer models. thanks guys. later
Old 01-31-2004, 09:09 AM
Teching In

I buudy has the kit on his 99z and he usually waits till 3rd or 4th gear on his M6 b/c it helps bringing the car up to a faster speed so he can pull on them better. Bye the way he has a stock rear and stock style tires and runs a 125 shot. Injectors shouldn't be a problem b/c the kit is made specifically for the LS1. Purge kits run around $95 @ Jeg's and Summit, cheapest I've found. Jeg's also has a new Purge Kit that comes with a Blue LED that makes the purge vapor a blueish hue. Thats the one I bought b/c it was something different. That P/N is 741-16033 it costs $102.
By the way its a -04 AN Line.
Old 02-02-2004, 01:52 PM
Teching In

thanks a lot for the info. has your friend ever ran the quarter mile with his nos. if so what did he run and what other mods does he have?

Originally Posted by Apollyon
I buudy has the kit on his 99z and he usually waits till 3rd or 4th gear on his M6 b/c it helps bringing the car up to a faster speed so he can pull on them better. Bye the way he has a stock rear and stock style tires and runs a 125 shot. Injectors shouldn't be a problem b/c the kit is made specifically for the LS1. Purge kits run around $95 @ Jeg's and Summit, cheapest I've found. Jeg's also has a new Purge Kit that comes with a Blue LED that makes the purge vapor a blueish hue. Thats the one I bought b/c it was something different. That P/N is 741-16033 it costs $102.
Old 02-02-2004, 01:55 PM
Teching In

i just have one more question for you. i noticed you have an slp maf. i do to and i've heard a lot of bad things about them. did it work fine before you had the ls1 edit done? thanks later.

Old 02-02-2004, 04:17 PM
Teching In

My buddy has never ran it at the track but he can hold his own against some mildly modded cars. He only has a Flowmaster Cat-back exhaust and SLP Lid and filter.
He said he ran 12.96 on a 100 shot but I smell bs b/c I raced him when I only had the borla stinger exhaust on my car and a dirty fram air filter and got him by 2-3 car lengths. He was only running a 75 shot at the time though.

As for the sensor I have never had any probs with it, and I purchased that along with my MTI intake almost immediately. Over 2 years no engine codes. At least on the MAF
LS1 Edit will work wonders on your car though because alot of the time your car runs too lean, or way too rich (which was my case). Alot of speed shops by the LS1 licenses in groups so you can save alot of money that way. MIne about 2 1/2 years ago cost $275. Also it can be rewrote if you ever get a different f-body or vette or gto and used on that car. Hope this helps a little. Also a guy on corvetteforum is selling MSD window switch and 3000 & 6000 pills really cheap. Go to Corvette forced induction/ nitrous look for NOS 5177 ,any issues and look at last post for info.

I If you cant email him email me and I'll email him with your address if your interested.
Old 02-02-2004, 06:43 PM
Teching In

Hey Yourmom,
He wants $100 brand new still in packages shipped to buyer. He has 3000-3800 pills and 6000-6800 pills. Just post a response for me either if you want it or not. Doesn't bother me if you take it or not. Thought I would try and save you a couple bucks.
Old 02-03-2004, 12:07 AM
Teching In

oh, i do want the window switch. do you think you could let that dude for me? so its 100 dollars shipped right? thanks a lot.

Hey Yourmom,
He wants $100 brand new still in packages shipped to buyer. He has 3000-3800 pills and 6000-6800 pills. Just post a response for me either if you want it or not. Doesn't bother me if you take it or not. Thought I would try and save you a couple bucks.

Last edited by yourmom; 02-03-2004 at 02:37 PM.
Old 02-03-2004, 05:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by yourmom
oh, i do want the window switch. do you think you could let that dude for me? so its 100 dollars shipped right? thanks a lot.

You've got mail