Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

HP Lightning/Evo wheels...

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 07:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HP Lightning/Evo wheels...

I may have a chance to pick up a set of these. Anyone have feedback on their quality? How do they compare to say, the similar RPM 505 wheel?

thanks in advance....
Old 10-16-2010, 09:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Shane
I may have a chance to pick up a set of these. Anyone have feedback on their quality? How do they compare to say, the similar RPM 505 wheel?

thanks in advance....
Despite everyone saying the HP EVO's and the 505's are IDENTICAL minus the EVO's having the fake rivets, I politely disagree.

One member pointed out a while ago how the center piece on the RPM wheel (the spokes) has a more rounded shape to it, rounded outwards as opposed to a more flat faced design of the center piece on the HP wheel.

I wish someone can chime in here that has seen both wheels in person. Maybe it's just the pics I'm looking at?
Old 10-16-2010, 12:13 PM
TECH Resident

I miss my HPs, got nothing but compliments on them. I was running th 19" hypersilvers. The only quab I had was the vibration thru the drivetrain, I would literally watch my m6 shifter bounce up and down while driving. These are hub-centric, but not very snug. I picked-up a set up hub-centric rings to make them fit better.
What size are you getting? Are they staggered? IMO,I think these have a nice spoke/web design over the RPMs...if I had gotten the Black HPs, I would probably still have them today.
Old 10-16-2010, 01:35 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks for the feedback guys. These are 19" hypersilvers. I like the look, just want to be sure they don't have balance issues, or quality issues, etc...
Old 10-18-2010, 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I love mine just wish they were 18x9 and not 18x8.....

Quick Reply: HP Lightning/Evo wheels...