PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock Short Pulse Adder table values?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 06:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Stock Short Pulse Adder table values?

Can anybody post the stock Short Pulse Adder table values for 2001 F-body or equivalent?

I use LS1Edit, don't have that table, and need to get them documented for comparison against what I'm calculating I need for Ford 30# injectors to compensate for their low-slope breakpoint.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Old 10-17-2010, 12:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nevermind, got it.

These new Ford 30# "skinny" injectors are significantly different from the stock 28# Delphi injectors, and not just the flow rate.

Just updating the IFR table to values calculated with RedHardSupra's spiffy Excel sheet got me a crappy idle and max positive LTFTs. I plugged in 39.15psid and 30# as the specs, with 58psid as the new pressure, but it idled poorly and ran ragged at cruising speeds.

Using the Ford published calibration, I found the offsets are nearly 50% higher (Ford injectors open slower than Delphi), and the Short Pulse Adder is nearly 30% lower (less low-slope correction needed below the breakpoint.)

It would have been quicker (and therefore cheaper) to just buy Greg Banish's DVD and get his specs for these new injectors...

Last edited by crainholio; 10-17-2010 at 12:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Stock Short Pulse Adder table values?