Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New LS1 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 08:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New LS1 Owner

Hello. I just purchased a 99 Trans Am and had a good 500 mile test drive on the way home. I will post some pics later when I get around to taking them. Found it on Ebay and worked out a trade and got an extended warranty on it as well so I am pretty happy with it so far. It is going to be my daily driver to and from work and quick trips around town.

A little about me:
I am a computer nerd, I hold a degree and several certifications in the field and I am currently the Data Center Manager for a manufacturing plant here in town. I also love movies and music and I am filled with useless trivia about both.
I am a car guy in training. I try to do what I can but for the most part dont have the room or tools to do major jobs on my cars but I do what I can in my driveway.
My first car was a 1991 Camaro RS with the 5.0. Loved it but it started to fall apart so I got a 1997 S-10 truck after that and enjoyed messing with it, had a kid after that so got a 2000 Blazer to make room for baby and it was fun for a while, had it beefed up with 285 tires, bull bar, kc lights, etc. Well my son got old enough to get in the back seat by himself so I traded the blazer for a 2004 Monte Carlo "Intimidator" SS Dale Earnhardt Edition (supercharged) and it was fun. I did not modify it much though. I had it for about 2 years and got married and gained a step daughter and my new wife got pregnant so I traded the monte for a 2006 Dodge Durango with a 4.7L V8. I really liked this truck. I removed the resonator and added a flowmatser 40 series to it and an AFE Stage 2 intake. It was pretty quick for a huge truck and it had room for the whole family without being too loud when on a cruise.

Well the trans started going out and I didnt have the cash to fix it so I traded it to get my wife a brand new 2010 Caravan and I got her Nissan Altima with "permission" to do whatever I wanted with it so after 3 months I found my new baby and plan on spending quite a bit of time here to make sure I take care of it properly.

So that about sums it up!
Old 10-17-2010, 12:45 PM
On The Tree

Welcome to LS1 bro
Old 10-17-2010, 12:53 PM
Teching In

Excellent choice. Those cars in stock form are pretty quick. The mods are pretty easy to come by. Lid/exhaust,just to start.
Congrats.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:33 PM
Staging Lane

Forgot I never added pics so here they are!

Under all that dealer added armorall the intake lid says SLP!