LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Calendar worthy II??

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 08:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calendar worthy II??

Guys, I am not a photographer but I cleaned up the SS today and took several pics... Mel, let me know what ya think. I have higher resolution versions of each as I had to resize the heck out of these for the site to accept

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Calendar worthy II??-mcss-gd-007-test-4.jpg   Calendar worthy II??-mcss-gd-010-test.jpg   Calendar worthy II??-mcss-gd-014-test.jpg   Calendar worthy II??-mcss-gd-017-test.jpg  
Old 10-17-2010, 09:06 PM
Launching!

Nice ride. I really like the red outlined bowties. Nice touch!
Old 10-17-2010, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

nice car. i like ur rear bow tie. its different. ive never seen one like that before
Old 10-17-2010, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

looks very good sir i do like the bow tie is something different
Old 10-18-2010, 06:07 AM
Launching!

i dont know what he did to make so much of the red show up, cause i did the chrome backed part of mine, painted the backside of the clear emblem and you cant see the red in mine as well ... but i think it stands out a bit too much on the back ... to each his own i guess ... is why i ditched mine ... actually MonteWithanLS4's badgeless rear was the inspiration ...

looks good btw ... try better or earlier in the day lighting and different angles ... climb something and zoom in, or park the car on a slope and get pictures everywhere ... when i take pictures i probably take around 60-100 and end up deleting nearly 95% of them cause the lighting was just off or the glare was killer ... or some paint chip showed up and made me wanna
Old 10-18-2010, 08:19 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DrJesus616
i dont know what he did to make so much of the red show up, cause i did the chrome backed part of mine, painted the backside of the clear emblem and you cant see the red in mine as well ... but i think it stands out a bit too much on the back ... to each his own i guess ... is why i ditched mine ... actually MonteWithanLS4's badgeless rear was the inspiration ...

looks good btw ... try better or earlier in the day lighting and different angles ... climb something and zoom in, or park the car on a slope and get pictures everywhere ... when i take pictures i probably take around 60-100 and end up deleting nearly 95% of them cause the lighting was just off or the glare was killer ... or some paint chip showed up and made me wanna
A paint chip can be easily fixed in a photo, even with a free online photo editor. FYI.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:53 AM
On The Tree

Thanks guys, On the Red outlined Bowties, what I did was remove all the chrome "plating" from the back with Acetone, then I masked off the entire bowtie, then cut away a 1/4" area around outside edge on the inside (to give the emblem a deep look) . I then sprayed it with some red plastic paint (rattle can) let it dry, then I removed the masking tape the sprayed the rest black.... voila Beware the red bowtie... I really liked the look of the red outlined bowtie on my 99 Z34 and I really thought the gold bowtie looked cheesy, so I updated my 06.