Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Launching tips on SPEC 3 Clutch....

Old 01-31-2004, 12:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Launching tips on SPEC 3 Clutch....

I just got my SPEC Stage 3 Cluch installed alittle over 350 miles ago and it feels totally different and launching for me is difficult . I have a set of potenza street radials (no money fore Nittos DRs ) I have tried a few techniques like launching at 2k and letting the clutch very litle but that seems not to work since A STOCK 2004 GT beat me off the line!!! But I tend to get excited and sometimes just floor it to the ground. Even when im half through first if i floor it its still spinng like at 40 mph!!! Ive only been driving standard for about 2 1/2 months. Now i have to put up with that 2004 GT ragging on me.....
Once I get my launch down i plan to him...
BTW this is on the street not the drag way...

Advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance....

Last edited by ws.6kid; 01-31-2004 at 02:04 PM.
Old 01-31-2004, 01:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 239 Posts

this just comes with practice. try leaving at 2500 and hold the gas peddal still while you come off the clutch after the car hooks , give it the gas. this works for me with drag radials and 400 rwhp. except I leave at 4500
Old 01-31-2004, 02:38 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Practice is the trick. With your tires you will need to figure out where you can launch and not spin. Like said above don't go crazy with the gas until you are hooking. With Spec III in my car I launch at 5500 on ET Streets. That is after getting them good and hot at the track. On the street with Nittos anything above 2500 is a waste of tires and time.
Old 02-04-2004, 04:57 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by ws.6kid
I just got my SPEC Stage 3 Cluch installed alittle over 350 miles ago and it feels totally different and launching for me is difficult . I have a set of potenza street radials (no money fore Nittos DRs ) I have tried a few techniques like launching at 2k and letting the clutch very litle but that seems not to work since A STOCK 2004 GT beat me off the line!!! But I tend to get excited and sometimes just floor it to the ground. Even when im half through first if i floor it its still spinng like at 40 mph!!! Ive only been driving standard for about 2 1/2 months. Now i have to put up with that 2004 GT ragging on me.....
Once I get my launch down i plan to him...
BTW this is on the street not the drag way...

Advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance....
Go with me to the track Ill so ya

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Launching tips on SPEC 3 Clutch....