Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Sold the ole' Firechicken for a Goat

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 03:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sold the ole' Firechicken for a Goat

Hey guys,
First time posting in the GTO section. I just traded in my heavily modified Trans/Am for an A4 06' Spice Red Metallic. I'm the second owner, it was previously owned by an elderly woman who only drove it 1500 a year. It's odometer reads an amazing 5k miles or so in change on the clock. It's practically brand new inside and out. I"ll be posting pix by tomorrow.

I'd always wanted an LS2 GTO and found one! I love these amazing cars. I had test driven an LS2 GTO before, so I didn't really need to drive it too long before I knew I had to have it. ( Spun it around the dealers parking lot) It's stock for now, but I think some LT's, Spintech Super Pro Streets, LSX intake are in order!!

Sorry for the long post guys, just so happy I have a piece of Pontiac back in my life.
RJT
Old 10-19-2010, 04:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Good luck... Post some pictures.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:32 AM
On The Tree

I love my GTO, and I know you will love yours.
I've modded a couple now, and they can be a blast.
Welcome to the club!
Old 10-19-2010, 04:46 AM
On The Tree

thanks you guys. It feels a little more refined of a muscle car. Way more comfy than my Trans/Am's leather seats. I just wished they offered a navigation option. I drove it around to get my left foot some time behind the wheel for about 45 minutes. I averaged 17.5 mpg on city, and over 20 on hwy. This thing just flies. I don't care if it's heavier than an F-Body, it suites my more refined style perfectly.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the herd.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:23 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ChefTA
thanks you guys. It feels a little more refined of a muscle car. Way more comfy than my Trans/Am's leather seats. I just wished they offered a navigation option. I drove it around to get my left foot some time behind the wheel for about 45 minutes. I averaged 17.5 mpg on city, and over 20 on hwy. This thing just flies. I don't care if it's heavier than an F-Body, it suites my more refined style perfectly.
Wait until you mod it. You'll be like fbody what?????? Plus they are a ton easier to work on.

I'm in the Dallas area too
Old 10-19-2010, 09:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slogoat
Welcome to the herd.
Thanks man, a bit off topic here; but what Spintech System do you have?
the Pro Streets or Super Pros? I'm all over an H-Pipe Spintech system, but I just wanna know if it drones a tone in the cabin.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 6.0monsta
Wait until you mod it. You'll be like fbody what?????? Plus they are a ton easier to work on.

I'm in the Dallas area too
Plano,TX here. I'm used to using LG, but i'm open to any other shops that won't rape me on labor. I don't have a garage, (apartment) or I'd rather work on the easy stuff on my own.
Thanks
Old 10-20-2010, 08:51 AM
Teching In

Welcome.
We NEED pics. You don't understand, I'm itching over here.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:54 AM
On The Tree

Congrats on the new toy! How about those pics
Old 10-20-2010, 01:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ChefTA
Thanks man, a bit off topic here; but what Spintech System do you have?
the Pro Streets or Super Pros? I'm all over an H-Pipe Spintech system, but I just wanna know if it drones a tone in the cabin.
I have the catback system with an x-pipe and super pro street mufflers in the 04 position. It's pretty loud and has a little drone at certain rpm ranges. Normal cruising with the rpm's at 2000 i hardly notice it at all. Mine isnt a daily driver so i like it loud, but i could see if you were using the gto as a daily driver you might want to check out the pro street or the sportsman street mufflers as they are more quiet. It's all personal preference, i listened to a lot of exhaust systems and i liked the sound of spintech.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:43 PM
Staging Lane

Congrats man I too just recently upgraded from my 2000 Trans Am to a 06 IBM Goat and I am loving it.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bobyboy101
Congrats man I too just recently upgraded from my 2000 Trans Am to a 06 IBM Goat and I am loving it.
I don't know about you, but I consider the GTO's interior far superior than the C5/6's. I've been in all 3, and the seats seem to be more supportive. The power controls are pretty simple to use also. Given there's about zero room in the "trunk" it has ; it'll teach me not to get as many groceries at once hahaha.

Quick Reply: Sold the ole' Firechicken for a Goat